• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is IN2017_11_C.41 Stable for rooting OnePlus 8?

DopeSaladz

Sep 26, 2022
Hi, I'm about to root my OnePlus 8 (hopefully today) but first I need to find out if creating a patched Boot file from the IN2017_11_C.41 update will be ok, I already have the Boot file patched using Magisk so I just need to know if this update will work or if I need to use another one cause I can't figure out if it's stable or incremental and I really don't want to brick my phone, please let me know as soon as possible, thanks!!

Ok thanks! Just to be sure this will not brick my phone right? Cause if not I'm going to root now cause I have everything setup and ready to go I just want to be 100% sure before I do it cause I really can't afford another phone right now but I really want my phone rooted lol
don't have your phone, but i trust xda.....should be fine.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I'm having trouble unlocking the bootloader, I've tried 3 times and can't figure it out, when I input (Fastboot oem unlock) it just says "waiting for device" and does nothing, what should I do??

Attachments

• IMG_20220926_182103_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220926_182103_HDR.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
This this sounds like your primary, daily usage phone and you really rely upon it for specific or even general tasks I'd suggest you don't root it. Experimenting with a necessary phone is a risky thing to do, it's best to do something like rooting a phone you haven't rooted previously when it isn't a phone you really need tomorrow. Is there a specific reason as to why you need to root it?

Upvote 0
This this sounds like your primary, daily usage phone and you really rely upon it for specific or even general tasks I'd suggest you don't root it. Experimenting with a necessary phone is a risky thing to do, it's best to do something like rooting a phone you haven't rooted previously when it isn't a phone you really need tomorrow. Is there a specific reason as to why you need to root it?

Well my previous phone was rooted and I liked having the freedom to do whatever I want with it like patching games and apps with lucky patcher, editing files within apps, Better and louder audio enhancements with Viper4Android, custom roms, overclocking if I need higher performance or underclocking for better battery life, hacking Wi-Fi, spoofing my phone number, and using apps that require root permission

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble unlocking the bootloader, I've tried 3 times and can't figure it out, when I input (Fastboot oem unlock) it just says "waiting for device" and does nothing, what should I do??

I believe you need to obtain the unlock code, and follow the manufacturer directions here:
https://www.oneplus.com/cn/support/answer/detail/op588

How to unlock bootloader for OnePlus smart Phone

Some variants of OnePlus phones do have locked bootloaders, namely the US ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-26-19-00-45-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-26-19-00-45-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0

Alright thanks, I've made like 4 different posts on XDA-developers, Reddit, quora, Android central and I still haven't gotten one reply back but you've been the only one that has so I really really appreciate the help!!
I'll have to try that out tomorrow cause I got to be up real early for a doctor's appointment but I'll talk to you sometime tomorrow and see how that goes, goodnight everyone

Upvote 0
Still not working for me, but It does say my network is unlocked in About phone

The OnePlus URL I posted seems to be okay.... Can't really assist any more than that, as I don't know too much about this device, apart from what I've already read.
Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 11.07.24.png

BTW I'm sure that how to was written by someone whose English isn't their first language.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones