• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

50% without service

YA'll do know that you can hit menu and then refresh when at the battery use page. it made my cell standby time go from 50 percent to 20 then to 3 then to 50. ALl while standing still with full signals

I felt like I was stating the obvious when I posted that a while back in another thread.

But it's good to see it posted again.. lots of new people may not know about that.

Upvote 0
I have to believe that the "few others" were the reason for battery drain. No person has reported a battery life difference with or without the 50% showing. Moderators, long-time forum members, and newer ones report the same thing.

The 50% thing absolutely kills my battery. If I don't do airplane mode after rebooting my phone the battery lasts ~6 hours at most on a full charge.

Upvote 0
I have to believe that the "few others" were the reason for battery drain. No person has reported a battery life difference with or without the 50% sh

The 50% thing absolutely kills my battery. If I don't do airplane mode after rebooting my phone the battery lasts ~6 hours at most on a full charge.

During that six hour period, what are you doing with your phone? How would you classify your use? Heavy? Medium? Light? How have you validated that it is the 50% bug killing the battery?

I ask because there is a lot of variability as to this bug causing problems or not. Personally, I've seen no evidence it is anything more than cosmetic.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I have the 50% without service bug, too. I also noticed that when I go to Menu>Settings>About Phone>Battery>Battery Use, Cell Standby is at the top of the list. The list reads:
Cell Standby 48%
Voice calls 23%
Phone idle 16%
Android system 8%
Display 3%
Dialer 2%

I'm wondering if the 50% bug has anything to do with cell standby at 48%? If not, is cell standby at 48% reasonable?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones