• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A bit confused on what I have

Whine

May 22, 2010
Michigan
I have a MT3G, it has a 32b motherboard. Which is supposed to have 192mb of total ram. When I check memory on my phone it says I have 164mb available from 295mb. I though it was only supposed to be 192?:thinking:

From How to determine if you have 32A or 32B - CyanogenMod Wiki

While the PVT32A and PVT32B handsets share the same looks and many common elements, there are a few key differences internally, which is why they need different ROMs.
  • PVT32A handsets have 288MB total RAM (192MB usable by OS [same as HTC Hero handsets]) and use the Qualcomm MSM7200A CPU.
  • PVT32B handsets have 192MB total RAM (96MB usable by OS) and use the Qualcomm MSM7201A CPU.

I have a MT3G, it has a 32b motherboard. Which is supposed to have 192mb of total ram. When I check memory on my phone it says I have 164mb available from 295mb. I though it was only supposed to be 192?:thinking:

Where are you getting that available ram number from? I don't think I've ever seen the available ram listed on the phone. Are you sure that isn't internal storage?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones