a few newbie questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. 10fold

10fold Member This Topic's Starter

I have a windows live email account for my school, but when I try to set it up using HTC's mail app it always says something about the server not responding. Also, I have an AOL email account and that set-up went fine with the same app, but I can't see any of my old emails, only the new ones just coming in are visible.

I set up my Gmail account and everything works there no problem. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

Not sure on the Windows Live e-mail that you're trying to set up, but if you open up your AOL e-mail do the following:

Touch Menu
    Select More
    Select Settings
    Touch Send & Receive
    Select Download options
    Select By days under Download options and then select All at the bottom, this should bring in all of your old e-mails.

10fold likes this.
  3. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

If you go to settings> more>send&receive you can display all of your emails or just the number of days.

10fold likes this.
  4. 10fold

10fold Member This Topic's Starter

Ah I see now, I didn't even think to check there ha. Thanks again

5. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

took me a few tries also. this is actually rather handy though. Gmail keeps archives and old emails in the oddest way. i keep my gmail set at 3 days, as i am filtering out all the old stuff through the web interface, that i found from 2005!!!