• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A Few Random/Minor Questions (Notifications/Folders)

buckguin

Sep 8, 2010
Ohio
I have a few minor questions that I couldnt find a thread to post them on nor did I believe either one of them deserved their own thread. So hopefully they can both be answered here.

1. On my blackberry, I would use full song notifications on my texts. That way it would keep playing if I didnt hit a button but would stop the second I hit a button, whether i read it or not. Is this possible on the DX? I tried to do the same thing on this phone but the only way to stop the notification was to unlock it and respond. I just want it to where say, the camera button or the power button or a hard button would stop the notification if I wasnt able to answer the text at the time it came in. Is there any setting/app/mod that would enable me to do this?

2. I have recently been using folders more on my home screens (long press, add folder) and I love them. The problem is, I hate having random folders there, I want the icon to be different. I have seen many icon packs, etc on here but I see no way to change these icons. I have AppOrganizer but it just doesnt have the same features that the stock folder app does. (Drag and drop and other convenience factors). Is there anyway to change these icons?

Thanks in advance for the help...hopefully...=)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones