• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to mute or stop Samsung Account notifications?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9, model number SM-G965U, running Android version 10. It is not rooted.

I am annoyed because, on what seems like a daily basis, I get a notification from the app, "Samsung account," to let me know Samsung's legal terms have been updated.

When this happens, my phone makes the exact same noise it makes when I receive a text message. This is bad, because I don't want to miss any important messages, so every time this stupid app sends a notification, I get all activated about checking my phone.

When I go under Settings/Apps/Samsung account/Notifications, the only setting I'm allowed to change is "App icon badges." The settings for "Show notifications" and "General notifications" are on, and can not be altered or turned off.

Is there no way for me to take away this app's ability to pester me with notification sounds?

Side question: Is it possible to assign to my text messaging app a unique notification sound, so that notifications from other apps would no longer be mistaken for text message notifications?

Thank you!

Thank you Nick, this was an excellent suggestion! I have installed Buzzkill. Not only will it mute Samsung account for me, but I have also instructed it to give me a special alarm any time the app for my cat's GPS tracker has something to tell me!

Screenshot_20230626-221405_BuzzKill.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones