• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I disable sound notifications for apps only, but keep my ringtone sound enabled, for when someone calls

paulri

Sep 2, 2013
I want to be notified in the event I get a facebook messenger post, but silently (with a number at the top of the icon). Right now, I get a sound notification too, which I don't want.

I went into the Settings/Notifications/Notification sound menu, and saw the option for Sound, Vibrate, and Mute. Selecting Mute will not only turn off sound for my app notifications, but for my cell phone ringtone as well.

Is there a way to turn off the sound notification for apps, but keep the number appearing on the icon for the app? Or will I have to turn off all notifications for the Messenger app?

I don't see my signature below here; in my profile it is there:

Samsung Galaxy S22+

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218-165148.png
    Screenshot_20240218-165148.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: ocnbrze and paulri

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones