A little help? GPSSupport

Last Updated:

1. zjh

zjh New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone, I'm new here, except for the lurking. I turned off a gps function in running services and now when my weather and toggle widget tries to change gps status it goes to the settings screen where I can turn it on and off no problem. I don't want to have to go to settings every time I want to change status though. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the widget and it didn't help also powered on and off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

If you long press the long press a home screen select widgets. Scroll down to power control. This will allow you to turn on and off wifi, satellite, auto sync and brightness. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

3. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Sometimes the apps/widgets have a setting that gives you the choice of what tapping it does. For example, I have SwitchPro and when I hit the BT, GPS, or WiFi buttons, the settings menu gives me a choice of using that to turn them on/off or go to the settings menu. Another example: Beautiful Widgets also gives the option of opening various functions with a tap. I don't have the weather and toggle widget, but it may be worth a look. While in the app, hit the menu hard button and see if there is a settings option.

4. zjh

zjh New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried all of that unfortunately. When I first downloaded weather and toggle widget it worked fine then for some stupid reason I went to running services and stopped a gps function. Now the only GPS toggle that automatically changes without going to settings is the stock widget. I also dled some other toggles from the market and they also send me to the settings.