a quick question regarding internal memory (kinda need answers quickly :) )Support

Last Updated:

1. CraigGB

CraigGB Member This Topic's Starter

hi,
    basically 3UK have offered me the desire for

Advertisement
  2. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

The new OS (2.2) allows apps to be stored on the SD card, which saves internal memory. I've gt a few apps installed, some on SD others internal, and still have 76mb free. Most apps are pretty small and don't use a lot up

CraigGB likes this.
  3. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Before the froyo update I got on perfectly ok with the internal memory. Most apps are under 1mb and none are really over 3mb so don't see it being a problem at all.

I am not on Froyo and I have over 50mb spare at all times :)

So no I don't see this as an issue at all.

CraigGB likes this.
  4. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

If it becomes an issue then it's a pretty painless process to root your device and then and install a ROM (version of android) which automatically installs all of your apps on your SD card.

CraigGB likes this.
  5. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

I have about a dozen apps that I've downloaded from the Market. Most of those are installed in the phone's memory - in time you can expect most apps to feature the option to move them to the SD card.

Despite this, I typically have 70MB free and have never encountered a situation where I was low on memory.

If you're the kind of software slut who downloads hundreds of free apps, you might want to have a think about the limitations first. But then again, you'd be better off having a really good think as to why you'd want to do that in the first place, IMHO.

CraigGB likes this.
  6. pspbricker

pspbricker Well-Known Member

From my point of view - it's a big pain. The Apps2SD on 2.2 Froyo should have helped, but at the time of writing, very few apps support Apps2SD. Just as an example, I use Navigon, which takes 26MB. Updated Facebook takes 11MB. Contacts storage 26MB. Maps updated 11MB. Add a few small apps under 1MB, and I get running low on memory warnings - thus push email and updates no longer work. I used the non-root method of forcing apps on to the SD card, and although it helps, many apps can't be transfered and others can only move a certain amount from internal memory. Don't want to root, and rooting doesn't solve the problem completely either.
    512MB is not enough internal storage but it is the only gripe I have about an otherwise excellent phone, and although it's a pain, you can live with it.

CraigGB likes this.
  7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its no way near enough and a2sd froyo is shoddy too. best bet is use the Mod installation location method, or root and get 12sd+

CraigGB likes this.
  8. CraigGB

CraigGB Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone,
    thanks for your earlier replies. I haven't decided on anything yet but I don't think I will go with the Desire now. looks like a awesome phone but I'm now leaning towards the Galaxy S (in the hope samsung will fix any current issues with it in the near future :p). I can get it for