• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this a sign of a dying cellphone or memory card?

BloodBlade

May 2, 2012
hi everyone

i have a LG Stylo2 as a spare phone that i use just for surveillance recording purposes. i know some are questioning why i would use it for that. it works for me and has so for the past year. anyway i noticed recently that recordings have beenn stopping by themselves. i know cause the recording stops after about a day worth. i should note that i dont have any antivirus software on it. i can put bitdfender on it tho cause i have a free device slot left from my plan. its just i didnt think it would be needed since i dont have a phone service thats active cause its a spare like i said and i have a different phone that i use as my main. based on this info can anyone tell me if memory card needs replacing or my cellphone is dying? the phone seems to work fine besides that tho. could it be that someone has hacked into my phone since theres no antivirus app on it currently? heres the name of the memory card i have been using:

SanDisk 128GB MicroSD HC Ultra Uhs-1 Memory Card

hope to hear from someone who can help me figure this out. thanks in advance.

hi everyone

i have a LG Stylo2 as a spare phone that i use just for surveillance recording purposes. i know some are questioning why i would use it for that. it works for me and has so for the past year. anyway i noticed recently that recordings have beenn stopping by themselves. i know cause the recording stops after about a day worth. i should note that i dont have any antivirus software on it. i can put bitdfender on it tho cause i have a free device slot left from my plan. its just i didnt think it would be needed since i dont have a phone service thats active cause its a spare like i said and i have a different phone that i use as my main. based on this info can anyone tell me if memory card needs replacing or my cellphone is dying? the phone seems to work fine besides that tho. could it be that someone has hacked into my phone since theres no antivirus app on it currently? heres the name of the memory card i have been using:

SanDisk 128GB MicroSD HC Ultra Uhs-1 Memory Card

hope to hear from someone who can help me figure this out. thanks in advance.

Could be either, and the only real way to prove it is to try another memory card, and if the same thing is happening, it's the phone is at fault, dying, and needs repair or replacement.

Upvote 0
Just because it stops recording, does not mean you have been hacked or have a virus.

Isn't a days worth enough of a recording?

Has the phone been updated? Is it connected to wifi? How full is the SD card?

What app are you using to record?

hello

oh ok just was checking.
im dealing with a neighbor who has been harassing me by butting into my business, the more i record of him the better. hes not easy to record. but thats the jist of it .
i havemt updated it its connected to wifi. its a 128gb capacity so since this problem started im lucky if it fills a few gb before it randomly stops recording.
im using the generic camera app provided with this cellphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones