• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A thread for people with Froyo who are NOT having problems.

i haven't had any problems either. I'm glad we have a thread to discuss the fact that we don't have problems. It will help people see that there is a positive side to all of this. My favorite feature is the new SMS attachment feature, which is cooler and easier (sliding across the attachment options), and when you add a picture it goes right to the text box on bottom, before you'd have to edit the slideshow to add a caption to the picture .

Upvote 0
I did the RUU so I could keep root with S-OFF, etc... The first day my battery was dead the quickest its ever been. Since then, and I always charge with my phone on, the battery has been way better. With some texting, a couple email accounts, gtalk always on, about a half hour of streaming audio, I still had around 45 percent battery after 15+ hours unplugged. This is my normal day to day activities and i've never had it last this long.

Also I noticed last night I appear to have better signal in my house. Used to get 0-1 bars in the basement, now have 2. Upstairs used to get 1 to sometimes 2, now have at least 3 if not 4. Overall im loving it! The flashlight app is great, hated the other ones that required root to work.

Upvote 0
Also I noticed last night I appear to have better signal in my house. Used to get 0-1 bars in the basement, now have 2. Upstairs used to get 1 to sometimes 2, now have at least 3 if not 4. Overall im loving it! The flashlight app is great, hated the other ones that required root to work.

This is the one change i really NEEDED and i didnt get it. I wonder why these little tweaks are so random across devices?

Or do i need to flash a new radio or something (which i have no idea how to do)

Upvote 0
I initially had typing lag, but all is well after a hard reset. Everything is working fine now, I love how much more snappy the phone is.

This.

I haven't done a hard reset yet though. I have noticed that I get a few more hours out of my battery, so far. Other than some apps that don't work now, which was expected, I am happy with the update. I Love the flashlight, and I having hd video recording. :)

Upvote 0
I'm new to the forum since I just got my Incredible on 9/2. When I bought the phone, the Verizon rep advised me to avoid installing 2.2 as long as possible. The update message was on the phone when I woke up on 9/3.
I kept pressing "Install Later" until the message stopped popping up. In the meantime, I was reading all the feedback I could find online regarding the Froyo update. From what I read, I decided that since the phone was so new and I hadn't made a lot of changes to it, I was probably safe to go ahead and install Froyo.
It's been almost 24 hours since I started running Froyo and I can report no real problems. Battery life seems to be the same or a bit better. I also have not experienced any lag whatsoever.
The only minor complaint I have is that the calendar lost all the "My Calendar" entries and kept only the Google calendar entries. Fortunately, the lost entries weren't numerous and I was able to recreate them.

Upvote 0
Can we try to keep the negativity and bitching out of this thread?

I've been running Froyo on my Dinc for about a week now. I am very happy with the difference. I did the OTA update then a hard reset on my phone. These are a few of the improvements I like:

With 2.1, I had to turn off the mobile network to get through a 12 hour shift at work with occasional facebook and light texting. Now, I use the phone just as I normally would and still have > 40% battery at the end of the work shift.

The keyboard doesn't LOOK any different, but my typing is much more accurate and less frustrating. Maybe something was changed there?

I love the new send button in the SMS compose box.

"Update all" Need I say more?

What improvments are you guys enjoying? Let's infuse a little positive energy into this section of AndroidForums!

Why does this thread exist, what is the purpose of people discussing that everything is fine with their phones, how does this benefit the forum? This thread reads like an insecure teenager going through puberty.

P.s. no one is bitching about their issues since the update, just merely trying to make the masses aware. It's called feedback.

Upvote 0
2.2 fixed a couple of issues for me: multiple google calendars (multiple login/pw, not shared to one gmail account); the screen capacitance issue (single finger doesn't always trigger when you're not holding the phone); wonky g-maps zooming seems _better_ (but still goes crazy sometimes - you pinch in and it zooms in).

I never timed the battery charge rate, but it does seem slower on the 1A charge. And of course the stock battery is still pretty weak.

Upvote 0
Due to theft, I had to get a new phone, I DL 2.2 that same day I got it and I can tell you right now that battery life has improved drastically. I'm even using the old battery my old phone came with.

I like that you can set a lock timer for those with Exchange. This was the biggest plus for me.

Upvote 0
I've had it for a week or so, and I'm pleased... Nothing mindblowing, just some little touches which are nice (Flashlight, flash, 270, update all, etc).

I thought I had an issue with Flash for a while, but it ended up being a browser setting that I never remembered setting (disable plugins).

Battery life seems about the same... usual usage gets me through the day fine, but slow days at work, I play with it a lot more and can kill the battery.

Upvote 0
Why does this thread exist

Erm, because someone created it and others have contributed?

Members are free to start whatever topics they wish, and if other members show interest the thread will survive. If you're not interested then there are plenty of other topics to view - please don't bash this one simply because it's not to your liking.

Upvote 0
The only minor complaint I have is that the calendar lost all the "My Calendar" entries and kept only the Google calendar entries. Fortunately, the lost entries weren't numerous and I was able to recreate them.

Mine did that too. I ended up with a HUGE list of Facebook birthdays in my agenda widget, and that was all. I went to Calenders though and found that it just deselected the calender my dates were saved in and added a new facebook option. So after unchecking FB, and rechecking the PC Sync (I think) I had everything back to normal! :)

Not sure if you checked that or not. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones