• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A very noob question

mplough

Lurker
Jun 2, 2010
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I just upgraded or rather traded my trusty Storm for a Droid Eris. The guy I swapped with said he put the OEM firmware back on the Droid, 1.5. The phone works fine but when I try to do the OTA update it fails at install. The message I get is:

E:No signature (690 files)
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

As I read there may have been a leaked ROM on the phone? How do you know? Can anyone guide me in the right direction or should I just leave the 1.5 on it?

Thanks
Mike

It sounds like it's a difference in the ROMs that you're using. You said he put back on an OEM ROM, though it may not be the OEM ROM of your carrier. This means you try to get the update from them, they're rejecting it because it's not theirs.

My suggestion would be to see if it's still rooted (if not, do so) then check out some of the available ROMs in the All Things Root (Eris) forum, and look into installing one of those (they're better than your provider's anyway).

Reactions: mplough
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones