A very noob question

Last Updated:

1. mplough

mplough New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I just upgraded or rather traded my trusty Storm for a Droid Eris. The guy I swapped with said he put the OEM firmware back on the Droid, 1.5. The phone works fine but when I try to do the OTA update it fails at install. The message I get is:

E:No signature (690 files)
    E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

As I read there may have been a leaked ROM on the phone? How do you know? Can anyone guide me in the right direction or should I just leave the 1.5 on it?

Thanks
    Mike

Advertisement
  2. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

It sounds like it's a difference in the ROMs that you're using. You said he put back on an OEM ROM, though it may not be the OEM ROM of your carrier. This means you try to get the update from them, they're rejecting it because it's not theirs.

My suggestion would be to see if it's still rooted (if not, do so) then check out some of the available ROMs in the All Things Root (Eris) forum, and look into installing one of those (they're better than your provider's anyway).

mplough likes this.
  3. mplough

mplough New Member This Topic's Starter

Was not the correct ROM. I finally got ahold of the guy. It had 1.6x on it. He reflashed it from the original saved ROM and it took the update, life is good.
    :D