a window pops up when i mount my hero

Last Updated:

1. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so when i mount my hero to my laptop it asks me if i would like to scan it cause there may be problems with files on it or something and if i click scan it pops up another window with a start button i click it and then it brings up my hero as a removable disk and says please reconnect or something idk never saw this until now anyone know what going on?

Advertisement
  2. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Your laptop is attempting to do a virus scan on the SDCard, in the virus scanner settings disable it from checking those type of drives.

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

did you recently upgrade to Windows 7? I know my external hard drives tell me the same thing, because they were used with XP, and when I upgraded to 7 it asks me to scan them for problems. Even asks me with my ipod

4. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

It's not a virus scanner. It's Windows thinking there is something wrong with the sdcard's file system.

Try this:

- Look in My Computer and make note of what drive letter Windows has given your phone. If you're not seeing your phone mounted as a drive, then there's a whole other issue going on than what this tries to fix.

- Click the start button and in the Search/Run box type "cmd"

- At the command prompt type: chkdsk driveletter: /r
    So if your phone was labeled drive "G" you'd type: chkdsk g: /r

This shouldn't affect or hurt anything. It's just clearing the checkdisk bit that Windows set on the drive the first time it was plugged in. If you're paranoid, you can back up everything on the sdcard to your computer before running it.

5. killtheaquitted

killtheaquitted Well-Known Member

I have 2 heros and use Win 7, and strangely, I only get that message for 1 of my Heros. I just click don't scan and go about my day because it works fine. I know it is an extra click but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

6. jmcnicho

jmcnicho Member

Mine started doing this on windows 7 after I accidentially unplugged the phone while it was still mounted. Like stated above i just click don't scan and it works fine.

7. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

You can turn it off in Vista and/or Windows 7 with out going into the command line