• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
Build is solid and nice to hold.

Display is sharp and looks very good for a 1280x800 display.

Speed is great and makes my Thrive seem like a budget tablet.

Game emulators are significantly faster (Fpse and N64).

Sound is two speakers and best I have heard on a tablet and soon laptops.

Wifi range is great.

Battery life is great due to the big 9800maH battery.

USB host function works with AND powers 1TB NTSF portable hard drives. This is where the big battery is real nice.

1080p mkv files play perfectly.

The negatives are the right side gets really warm (not hot) and the USB location on the bottom makes no sense (should have been on side).

I give the A510 an A.

How long is your battery life? I just got my A510 last Thursday. I have charged it twice to 100%. The second time I let it run to 0%, and the total screen time (over about 36 hours total including standby) was 5:39. This is worse than my previous A500. Any settings that need to be changed to extend the battery to the hyped life?

Upvote 0
My personal use has been a little over seven hours and still about 40% left, and reviews state similar or better time. There is a 9800mah battery, so should last about twice as long as you mention. Try disabling the near worthless virus app in the app manager settings. I notice that runs and keeps the CPU running more than needed. Also try a restart, but you probably have already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones