• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessing movies on SD Card

SouthofOttawa

Dec 18, 2009
Greely, ON
Hi,
I have copied a couple of movies onto my SD Card and am trying to find out why I can't see them through the movie apps. I open up Nemo Player but it only shows me files that are on the system itself and no ability to browse. the only way I can see the files is to use Astro File Manager of File Manager HD.
My question is am I supposed to be able to play movies on my SD Card by using an app like Nemo player?

Thanks!

Out of the box, the only movie format that are compatible is MP4 and MP5. If you have updated your OS updates you will find more are supported. But your best bet is going into the app store and get a good video player. Most are free and support different formats. I use MObo player for the most part but on th updates you will see others installed. I use ES file manager to view my files and also have an ES Video player installed.

Upvote 0
my problem is when i download a movie to the sd on the tablet, it plays. When I move it to my external 32G sd with file manager hd, I can't play it no more. also when I move it back to the sd it still doesnt play. And when I download movies striaght to the external they dont play. I'm trying to use both Nemo and MOBO. Mobo keeps saying "there's no media directory, click here to set". Then when i go in and select it under /mnt/external_sd and select the movie (avi, wmv, mp4, rmvb) it then says "can open/mnt/external_sd/ soldier.avi to play" . but what's wierd it will let another movie play. I can have 5 movies on it and it will only play one. I tried to reformat the sd card and it still does the same thing. But I can plug in my 1TB external HDD and play anything I want.

any ideas?

Upvote 0
Are you having problems with anything else on the external card? Like problems with the gallery loading photos, music etc? Are you downloading the movie to the card or moving it from internal to external?

I have no problem playing movies from any of my memory cards. They are Sandisk 32gb class 4. I use rockplayer lite to play movies.

Upvote 0
No everything else works fine from the micro 32gb just having an issue with movies. I have the rocketplayer from the net and put it on the tablet but when I go to downloaded I'm getting shot down because I didn't get it from the market, I got it from a 3rd party site

It won't install? Do you have the unknown sources option checked?

If you place the sd card in something else like a phone or computer can you access the movies?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones