• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accidently dropped

My phone accidently fell, as i was trying to get the plastic case off Verizon Wireless sold me, I normally get the gel cases, but they insisted that this would be better. Well it flipped outta my hand trying to get it off, anyway.

Ever since then..my phone lags/freezes for a few moments.

Is it possible, they'd switch it out? Or do something about it. Frankly, I'd prefer them switch it out. I got the phone on Tuesday.

Yes, but the plastic case they sold me (verizon)..it popped out of the case, but you can barely see it.

I'm mad. Because it freezes. I'm waiting till Monday to go up there, in fear, the manager won't be there on a weekend. Either way, I might drop by later. I'm pissed. I spent 391 on it, that includes the car charger, screen protectors, plastic case cover for it (they recommendd me buy) which in my experience...gel covers are better and absorb the impact of a fall..and not leave scratches or damage.

Upvote 0
That's why the first place I went after getting my phone was my State Farm agent. I took out a "Personal Articles" policy. About $35/year, covers everything not covered by manufacture warrenty, basic any stupidity, dropping it in the toilet, stolen, lost, whatever, with no deductible.

Seems like a better deal than what Verizon offers. I'm sure most mainstream Insurance companies probably offer something similar...

Hopefully I never have to use it, but I sleep better knowing its there...

Upvote 0
That's why the first place I went after getting my phone was my State Farm agent. I took out a "Personal Articles" policy. About $35/year, covers everything not covered by manufacture warrenty, basic any stupidity, dropping it in the toilet, stolen, lost, whatever, with no deductible.

Seems like a better deal than what Verizon offers. I'm sure most mainstream Insurance companies probably offer something similar...

That is an excellent idea. I will have to look into that, not really sure why I never thought of it for my phone since I have a policy on my laptop.

Upvote 0

Being as I work in insurance (in the Auto side though), I have to ask, was that a separate policy? Or an endorsement onto your existing home owner's policy? I am assuming it covers all personal devices. Is there a deductible at all?

If it is an endorsement on your home owner's, I will stick with the more expensive Verizon plan thanks....filing a home owners claim is not recommended unless it is a loss you can't handle yourself. From what I have heard from friends in the Property (Home Owners) side across several companies is, don't file a homeowners claim unless it's big. I'll have to talk to my buddy in our Underwriting division and see if we offer it and how it is set up.

Upvote 0
With State Farm anyway, its a separate policy than Home Owner's.

If it was Home Owner's it would have the $250 or $500 deductible.

This "Personal Articles" policy is separate and no deductible.

That was what started the conversation, I called my agent asking how my Droid would be covered under Home Owner's personal property, and he suggested the "Personal Articles" policy for better coverage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones