Activating DINC without CSR ?Support

Last Updated:

1. danielzink

danielzink Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I finallly talked the wife into a DINC from her old Samsung slider. I let her play with mine a bit (my PHONE ! - get your mind out of the gutter :p ) and she went monday and ordered it from our local Verizon store.

FedEx left a call tag today and I'm about to run out to our local hub and pick it up for her (2 day delivery !)

Anyhow - the CSR at the Verizon store said "when you get your phone - make an appointment with me and I'll activate for you".

We're leaving tomorrow for a short trip - and I really don't feel like postponing it for a couple hours just to get a phone activated.

Are we able to activate these ourselves ?

When I got mine - I left the store for an hour or two and when I came back I was all set to go.

Thanks !

Dan

Advertisement
  2. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Just call *228 from the phone. That's the easiest way. Or you can call 611 or activate it online. :) You definitely don't need an appointment. I bet the rep just wanted to try and talk you into some accessories. LOL!

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

you can do it online or call them i think

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Not sure why you need a CSR to activate the phone. Just charge it up and dial *228 then option 1. Go through the setup process for the phone. Start using it!

Enjoy!

5. danielzink

danielzink Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone for their assistance !

Got it done - took only a couple of minutes - she loves it - I like it when I'm right.....it happens so infrequently ;)

Dan