• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adb devices and screencast

rubenhan

Aug 5, 2010
Hi, guys

I have a htc incredible with broken screen (touch screen functional and phone functional). So I got a replacement phone today, and I realized that for some reason all the contacts are not fully synced and I might need my SMSs. But since my screen in my old incredible is off, I can't run any app or download any app to install to backup my contacts and SMSs.

So I found out about this Screencast program that broadcasts your phone's screen on to your pc.

androidscreencast - Project Hosting on Google Code

I followed the procedures (I don't know how to ensure it's detected with "adb devices")

For some reason, my new phone, which I haven't done anything with yet, works flawlessly with the screencast. It is detected by my PC as adb devices. But the old phone wouldn't. It's not rooted or anything. Do you know how I can make it an "adb devices"?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones