• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 'add word' in predictive text and having to retype it

hessodreamy

Aug 9, 2010
When I'm typing using predictive text, and the word I want isn't in the list, I click 'add word' and put it in. Then it returns me to my message where I have to type the word AGAIN. Is it just me that gets really annoyed by this poorly thought out design? Is there any setting to change it?

You shouldn't need to use 'Add Word' ( I didn't even know it was there, until I just went looking for it!)

I'm assuming you're using the stock HTC Sense keyboard. As you're typing and the word list is displayed, what you've actually typed should be displayed in the left-most box. Select it when you've finished typing the word, and it will insert it into the text/email and save it in your custom dictionary at the same time.

Upvote 0
You shouldn't need to use 'Add Word' ( I didn't even know it was there, until I just went looking for it!)

I'm assuming you're using the stock HTC Sense keyboard. As you're typing and the word list is displayed, what you've actually typed should be displayed in the left-most box. Select it when you've finished typing the word, and it will insert it into the text/email and save it in your custom dictionary at the same time.

This is in fact true, even with predictive text on, type the word you want and this will appear in 'red' as the dictionary doesn't recognise the word, once finished tap the red word and this will then be included in your dictionary for future use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones