• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding number from call history to existing contact

Every phone I've ever had allowed me to add a number from call history to an existing contact. When I go to call history, press a number, the option I get requires me to add a new contact. Earlier today, I stumbled onto the mechanism to add a missed call phone number to an existing contact, and I want to find it again. I read a similar post which says to use the people and type in the new number. In order to do that, I have to write down the number from call history, go to people, and type in the number. A big pain. Please help.

In Call History, it will say "(Unknown)" and show the number that called you.

On that same line over to the right, there's a plus sign (+). Press the plus sign - NOTE: you have to press exactly on the box containing the plus sign, not to the right or left or above or below it.

A dialog box will come up reading "Save to People" with two options: "Create new contact" or "Save to existing contact".

Voila!

Reactions: janjanjan68
Upvote 0
When I go to Call History and find the caller listed as "Unknown", there isn't a plus sign next to it. Rather, there is a little phone icon. Clicking on the phone icon takes you to the call history for that phone number. If you then click on Menu, it does have the option of "Save to contacts", but it does NOT have the option of "Add to a contact".

I am on an HTC EVO, Android 2.2.

Did they change the options on 2.2? How can I get to the "Add to a contact" option?

UPDATE: I figured out that the option to add to an existing contact will come up if you access the number through the PHONE app and not through the CALL LOG app. LAME! Anyone know how to make it so you get that option when accessing the number through the Call Log app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones