• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advanced Task Killer?

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/26997-task-managers-your-hero.html
It's stickied already, but it seems like a lot of people haven't read it.

I had to adapt from being a windows user. I still have ATK installed but I only use it to kill things like the Browser and Shopsavvy (sometimes keeps my GPS on) when they aren't closing on their own. Also it bothers me to have to hit the back button 7 or 8 times to get out of the browser properly.

The key here is that I ALWAYS kill the ATK process as well when I'm done. Nothing wrong with having it for control, just don't add ATK to the ignore list and let the phone manage itself 99.9% of the time.

Upvote 0
I've had my Wildfire for about two weeks and I have been looking for ways to extend the battery life. I read on a forum post somewhere to download the app killer thing but then I read in an article that it was a terrible app and was the reason why many Wildfires start having problems so I uninstalled it. I have terrible luck with phones and don't want to take the risk in breaking this one because it is a nice little phone and I love it :D

Also after looking on my phone to see what was eating my battery I was surprised to find that it wasn't my music taking up most of the battery. I use the phone as my iPod as well and I thought that my constant music playing would be the reason for my dying battery.. but it is not. The phone says that cell standby and 'phone idle' that is eating the battery. I have turned off the background syncing but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to extend the battery life? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I've had my Wildfire for about two weeks and I have been looking for ways to extend the battery life. I read on a forum post somewhere to download the app killer thing but then I read in an article that it was a terrible app and was the reason why many Wildfires start having problems so I uninstalled it. I have terrible luck with phones and don't want to take the risk in breaking this one because it is a nice little phone and I love it :D

Also after looking on my phone to see what was eating my battery I was surprised to find that it wasn't my music taking up most of the battery. I use the phone as my iPod as well and I thought that my constant music playing would be the reason for my dying battery.. but it is not. The phone says that cell standby and 'phone idle' that is eating the battery. I have turned off the background syncing but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to extend the battery life? :thinking:

Do you live in an area with poor service. Cell stand by aka time without signal is hard on bat life. Try toggling airplane mode on then back off. See if that helps.

Also atk won't break your phone. I used it in my hero..It was needed. Not required for e3d. Try it for awhile.

Upvote 0
I know that most people are against this app that it runs down the battery... well that is because it is not being used in the right way. I have had an android for over a year and had the atk on every android that I have owned and have not experienced any of your issues. Do not set certain apps to be killed, do not run the killer all the time. I have it as a shortcut on my home screen and I open it when I need it then I select all the apps in the list including the atk. With the app not running all the time it does not kill the battery. Also the apps will always open back up on its own. IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO SET ANY APPS TO AUTO KILL ON ITS OWN IN THE SETTINGS OF THE APP. Just use the killer when you think you need to. And for all of you, the best way to prevent your device from freezing is to clean the cache in all apps and clean the sms for they take up the ram. (From home+press menu+settings+applications +manage applications +downloaded tab+ select first app then clear cache. Do that to all apps in that list and make sure it is done to browser)(ram is what allows the device to function. No ram no function )
Thanks,
Tina. :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones