• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite Launcher after trying ADW?

• ADW

Votes: 80 41.2%
  • LauncherPro

Votes: 78 40.2%
  • Sense

Votes: 21 10.8%
  • Home

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ADW and Home++ are the best replacements out there! The rest of them just suck and arent worth downloading. Well i guess launcherpro is decent but not as good as those other two. I still like sense the best because of the widgets but when i get sick of sense sometimes or when i go out on the town and don't want my battery drained in two hours ill use those two (ADW Home++)

Upvote 0
sz7el0.png

Looks A LOT like FroYo! Still not decided between this and Launcher Pro, guess I'll just bounce back and forth :D

Upvote 0
How did you get the icons in the bottom bar to be gray like froyo? a certain .png? sorry i looked but couldnt find any:(
EDIT: I know with better cut but do you have a .png?

THere is a new update today for ADW Launcher in the market, 0.7.1 Standalone

DL that and go to ADW settings, UI settings and make sure Tint AB is checked. That will gray tint whatever Icon is placed there

Upvote 0
i can't believe i found something to replace sense ... idk why i had such a hard time or why i wanted to in the first place because i liked it fine but i was always looking but nothing was ever as good. AWD is the best home replacement i have tried and i own home++ (mostly because i didnt refund it in time ;)) and have tried literally every other one. i would deff recommend this!!

Upvote 0
I keep switching between ADW and LauncherPro. They are both amazing. I hope more home launchers that are as good and smooth as these two keep coming! I still can't decide which I like better. I have not noticed any difference in battery life like some of you. I always get a full days worth.

Same, i always have gotten a full day, but compared to LauncherPro the battery life is better.

Upvote 0
Tried launcher pro. Liked it better than sense, especially the dock.
Then tried tag home launcher. Liked it even more. Up to 9 screens. Customize dock. Categorize apps.

ADW has a max of 7 screens and only 2 apps on the dock

My vote is for tag home launcher.

Yes you can dock 2 apps on the bottom of the screen, but if you drag the app launcher Icon up you can dock 6 more apps if you want to.

My vote, by a MILE............................ADW.Launcher

Upvote 0
***UPDATE***: Battery life seems MUCH better than LauncherPro. Mine was last unplugged 16 hours ago and I am at 75% with moderate txting and web browsing.

I've been using this for about 3 or 4 days, and my battery life has improved big time. It's stable and fast once you get all the setting down. If this is what Froyo might look like, it's going to be sweet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones