• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Afrpfg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danforth to all "Whoever feels they are most qualified to navigate I will teach them how to sail the ship. I would like the person with the most experience in travel and navigation but I can teach any of you or two if I need to but we should get started soon"

@karan and all
This is not one piece :p my previous post by Danforth does slightly overrule karans saying that GPS won't work

You hear a woman downstairs yelling something about the ask game, Danforth excuses himself and goes downstairs.

Upvote 0
@Danforth & T-rex
"Looks like you two can see things that are hidden except for under intensive medical scrutiny"
Yeah, WTF Karan. You can't know that. :thinking:
Danforth might have some special power to tell though. :eek:
Looking down at the phone I put it in my pocket.
"At least I don't have to wear this stupid thing on my ear to keep up appearances."

I walk over to a darkened area of the room and sit in the shadows. Mumbling under my breath you can hear words like "how", "This hasn't happened in ages", and "I need to make better use of my alteration magic"

Man I hate getting ninja'd.
@yeahha
So as far as magic goes we can use each school the level x stat? So mine would be 12x Conjure fire, 6x abjuration, 6x alteration, and 6x evocation?

Upvote 0
@MP
You see Danforth talk to an irate woman who was playing the ask game and became upset at something, he offered her a refund and gave her some money she left the building. Danforth looks at you and says "You could have just asked what I was doing Lets go back upstairs"

Danforth and Zach (assumed) arrive back upstairs "Smith not only did I check up on you but I also have been around the block a few times and have met Androids that disguise much better than you, but plenty who are worse at it so don't feel bad I will try to get you some books that will help you some with hiding the aura you give off, generally only the very devout can see it but it is a dead giveaway. I don't think I can get you those books by your departure tomorow but I should have them by the time you get back." Danforth smiles "So Zach will be navigating my ship does anyone else want to learn?"

@all
Note on meta gaming. Just because you as a player know something it doesn't mean your character knows it AC13 is right in his assumption that karan's character wouldn't know that he is an android. Danforth is another case completely. He said something in front of everyone because he felt it may be something the rest of the party needed to know but noticed that Smith was not providing the information. I frown upon meta gaming and it is a risk I took when deciding to have character sheets available in the thread but I needed them to be in a place that I could access as well as the players.

@karan
Being a divine character who the god your character serves?

Upvote 0
@AC13
I don't have your character pulled up but for magic level x you can use the skill int(x) times daily. So assuming your int is 6 if you have magic 1 you would have 6 uses, magic 2 would be 12 uses...

@karan (you ninja'd my last post)
it does but your willpower is not yet high enough to do that ;) once it is at least a 10 you can see auras

@marc & MP
You are correct Zach was not in the room to make that statement I will take it as him saying it to Danforth

Reactions: 9to5cynic
Upvote 0
@yeahha
With Int=6 and the following Magic Skills:
Conjuring (fire) 2
Evocation 1
Abjuration 1
Alteration 1

Can you clarify a bit more. Is it per school, or my highest level school and each school only gets up to its level x Int possible? would I have:
12 conj
6 evo
6 abj
6 alt

OR

12 total
with 12 possible conj and the others only 6 possible from each of those schools?

Does that make sense?

@MP
I will sail us.
And sorry about saying I would sail us when I was down stairs, I kinda have a headache so, my bad. lol
No worries, I am sure it will happen to all of us now and then.

Upvote 0
Danforth to all "Okay I will go get everything ready"

I've gotta leave work basically Danforth is taking Zach and anyone else who wishes to learn to sail the ship to the warf when I get back online likely an hour or so we should be able to move forward. Up to one additional person can learn to sail so feel free to decide amongst yourselves I will have to type up most of the next part once I get home but you will have combat coming up:D I've also got some PP to give out for role playing

Upvote 0
After pouring one more glass of chromium, "Okay, so are we all set. We've got Zach manning the helm of the boat, T'resezk navigating, and the rest of us on guard. Danfroth, how far by sea is it to Vipa?"

Raising his glass, "Might as well have one more, who knows how long till we'll be back here."

"T'resezk, you wanna learn to sail? It would complement your navigation skills nicely I'd think."

Upvote 0
@Yeahha
/god

Some one like Ynnead ,Void Dragon or Tzeentch . God of knowledge who whispers stuff in my ears :p . By worshiping in his temple you get to know stuff . Most of my skills lie around diplomacy and searching .In combat the character is pretty useless except for healing and lightning weapon reinforcement (Support spell caster ) .So he makes it up in non combat scenarios :) .
What skill will be steal come under btw ?

Upvote 0
@all
I have to log so I can get up for work in 6 hours or so :(
@yeahha
I will have to type up most of the next part once I get home but you will have combat coming up:D I've also got some PP to give out for role playing
I am interested to see how combat works, I should have time to get my stuff in tomorrow morning at work. Feel free to think of me as cautious of the others now that they know my androidness during any RP that might happen in my absence.
@Karan/9to5
The house of the Early one, nice. I think that would be fitting, but always up to you Karan.

Upvote 0
@all
Say I used up one leave of the knowlet tree which cost an arm an leg to find out the identity of Smith .Since i am not levelled up ,I was knocked out for 6 hrss(I woke from sleep remember .

House of the early one (or cult ?) seems a nice god of knowledge .

Nods to cain
"I will go with Danforth to learn sailing .I will take your leave "

Cain and Smith see some burnt crisps falling from T'resezk's pocket .

Smith thinks "An all seer divine spell using the leaves of knowlet tree. He is an Early Monus !!!! "

Upvote 0
@AC13
12 conj
6 evo
6 abj
6 alt

@karan
steal would be agility based it is basically the same thing as pickpocket but a broad skill not narrow

@karan
Okay you used one of the leafs that will work, We will say you have 7 left please update your inventory on your character sheet ;) feel free to name the worship center of EarlyMon whatever you like I am assuming it has no qualms with the Friscoterians (Which IMO makes sense)

Danforth takes T'resezk and Zach to the wharf and shows them how to use his boat. You have to "sign in" to the boat with a thumbprint which he you both to have control for the next month and informs you that after that the boat will no longer recognize you as a accepted captain. The three then return to the room. Danforth announces "It is time for me to retire I will see you guys off tomorrow" and heads downstairs.

@all
Rewards for RP in today (giving them out now since AC13 is logging off or already has and combat is coming up soon.
Karan 10 PP
AC13 10 PP
9to5 10 PP
MP 8 PP
Marc 6 PP

Feel free to distribute or bank also MP and Karan note on your character sheet you have gained the sailing skill it is intelligence or willpower based you can choose

Note:I am not sure how exposed to this style of RPG games most of you have played (by this style I am talking about non-video game where you have complete control of your character and have to distinguish between what your character knows and what you as a player know) If I make a note saying your character wouldn't know that or you were not at that location to say that I assume you were not doing that on purpose but rather just didn't realize it which is fine and you won't be penalized for it. I will begin the next section and we can go until combat starts once combat starts the game will hold for up to 12 hours or until all players have posted (whichever comes first) I will post the enemies AC at the beginning of combat so you know what you need to hit with the post ID. I will also be coming up with the damage info for weapons before combat starts.

Reactions: 9to5cynic
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones