After 2.1 Update...SLOWER?

Last Updated:

1. drummer1422

drummer1422 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I took my Hero into Sprint on May 19th for the UPDATE to 2.1...All went well, but now my HERO is SLOWER then ever...Its so hard to get info from them over the phone and was wondering if anyone may know why its slower, or what to do about it? Boy, should of stuck w/ 1.5 !!!

Advertisement
  2. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the specs of the Hero, but could it be because 2.1 is trying to do more than 1.5 but with the same hardware???

3. drummer1422

Thats what I was thinking too...Will just have to take it back and see what they say, but was just seeing if anybody else had this problem also...

4. mrw5641

mrw5641 Well-Known Member

ya my p hone is slow as shit, and iot keeps freezing, ill try to make a call and it wont call, so i have to restart and then it works, POS 2.1

5. drummer1422

OK so I call HTC Tech Support....She proceeds to tell me to Un-install any NEW Apps from the Market, erase all text messages and do a SOFT Re-Set(Take battery out and re-install and power up)...What the hell, all this stuff was working FINE on the 1.5 B4 I got the 2.1 !!!! Then she proceeds to tell me the 2.1 cannot be UN-INSTALLED? WTF? I gues a HARD RE-SET is the next option...Un Friggin' beleivable !!! I shouldn't of fixed it, if it wasn't BROKED...haha

6. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member

Yes I also took my hero to the sprint store and now I don't get 3g internet, only 2g!!! I am so upset right now.

Has anyone had this issue and know how to resolve. I called sprint and they said they are just going to give me another phone. But what a hassle. There has to be a better way.

7. drummer1422

Well I know of three other people who have The MOMENT, and got the 2.1 w/no Problems or LAG issues whatsoever !!! Keep hearing BAD issues with the 2.1 not only on the Hero, but the Eris also...Beggining to think that HTC original 1.5 w/the added 2.1 cant handle it...But who knows?

8. kellysquare

kellysquare New Member

updated to 2.1 on my verizon HTC eris, now my phone freezes constantly when trying to make calls. I have to turn it off and power back up multiple times a day. Any solution?

9. drummer1422

Gonna take my Hero back to Sprint today and see what they say...Since the HTC Hero and Eris are pretty much the same, I will let you know the outcome...Stay tuned cause i dont think its gonna be pretty !!! haha

10. mrw5641

mrw5641 Well-Known Member

kellysqaure, i have the same shit and it is annoying as hell, i have to take the battery out its so annoying!!! no ideas on how to fix

11. drummer1422

So Sprint and HTC both tell me the Only way to fix the issue is to do a HARD RESET? So I backed up all stuff I wanted to save, and did the RESET...WAHLA, still SLOWER then when I had the 1.5 ORIGINAL....I dont FRIGGIN GET IT...Especially when now they say it cant be taken off? WTF, why dont they tell you this B4 they install?

12. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member

I actually took mine back and they performed a hard reset uninstalled and re-installed the 2.1 update and now my phone is fine. I get 3g and its just as fast as it was before. So take it back to sprint and make them fix it.

13. toslowdroid

toslowdroid Active Member

Im on my third Droid Eris now and I havent down loaded the 2.1 yet on my third Eris. When I had my first two and down loaded the 2.1 they ran like crap, forzed up and very slow. should I take it down to verizon and tell them or just keep it at 1.5. Any hints or ideas.
    Thanks

14. starboy

starboy Member

After the 2.1 update, my Hero got considerably faster and the battery drain problem went away. I can go well into the second day on one charge, and with 1.5 I was having to charge twice a day. Still some problems with HTC Sync and application data in People though.

15. kad3t

kad3t Well-Known Member

Well, this may seem a bit odd answer as there's still no official 2.1 update for European Hero but I've rooted mine. And with rooted one and custom 2.1 software it's faster than ever... Don't know what the case of slow down may be but maybe you should give rooting a chance and check some of the custom firware's, some are definitely faster than the stock 1.5 and the JIT enabled ones are probably even snappier.

16. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member

I will say this, after the 2.1 update the people section sucks. They took out the search feature and now you have to scroll through all of the contacts to get to the one you want, lame.

17. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

What do you mean? On my Eris you can still search People with 2.1. You just press the search button.

18. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member

I mean you cant search people in the people section. I have to use the google search bar on my phone.

19. Ranger_mike

Ranger_mike New Member

so does this mean the update has been released ? so i can take my MOMENT in and get the update? sorry ive been kinda out of the loop

20. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

For those of you having problems with the Sprint upgrade. Did you do a factory reset BEFORE upgrading? You will get problems if you don't do that. The majority have stated 2.1 is much faster on the Hero than 1.5 was.

Did you do a factory reset before upgrading? You can certainly search in the People app still. Try clearing the cache in the People app (Settings > Applications > Manage Applications).

21. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member

Trying it now. Thanks.

22. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member

Nope, the cache is clear still no search. The options I get are: New contact, view, delete, import/export and company directory

23. speedmaniac11m

speedmaniac11m Member

My eris (text messaging specifically) has just gotten horribly slow in the last couple weeks. Browser cache is cleared, very few apps downloaded, and less than 30 text messages stored. It takes over a minute to find a contact when composing a message.

24. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

That's true it's not in the Menu, but the Sprint Hero has a physical Search button no? That brings up the search on my GSM Hero (using CDMA port). So when you are in People, hit Search and you can then search in your contacts.

mdsj likes this.
  25. mdsj

mdsj Well-Known Member

Thanks. That does bring up the search on people(duh!) LOL.