After JH7, how do you get the usb tether back?Support

Last Updated:

1. narcoden

narcoden Member This Topic's Starter

I'm rooted and am looking to figure out how to get my USB tethering back... I know I can do wireless, but prefer to use usb with my laptop so the phone charges at the same time while I surf.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. gocats7

gocats7 Well-Known Member

I asked the same thing myself earlier. It was suggested I use easytether or pdanet. I downloaded both and am using easytether, its pretty nice.

3. narcoden

Grrr... free editions of both block https access. I'd like to find a free workaround. But if I have to spring $10, I guess it's not the end of the world.

4. dayv

dayv Member

Seeing that you are rooted, if you are interested in trying a custom ROM, Conition comes with Mobile AP bundled in the ROM.

It is free and easy method and allows you to tether via wifi.

NOTE: If you have not tried to flash a custom ROM and are thinking about trying just remember the first, last, and middle rule is to alway BACKUP everything before you begin - ROM manager nandroid backup and Titanium Backup. Becareful and be sure this is something you want to do before you try it!!!

5. narcoden

Yeah, I was contemplating Cognition... Then today, I Ti Backed up everything then Rom manager'ed Cognition on it. It's pretty sweet. Seems much faster and I have buildin wifi and usb tethering.

No going back now I guess :)