• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Kind of confused here. Is your phone providing the internet hotspot?

Can you change the settings of your phone USB port to charging only?

Yes when the phone provides the hotspot, my laptop can connect to my VOIP account. When that same phone is connected via USB tether for internet to the laptop, I then can't login to VOIP on the laptop

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Kind of confused here. Is your phone providing the internet hotspot?

Can you change the settings of your phone USB port to charging only?

Oh you mean charge the phone with the USB set to charge only, and then use its wifi hotspot to connect? That's a good workaround, but I was hoping to get the USB tether method working for it's (arguably) better security

Upvote 0
Oh you mean charge the phone with the USB set to charge only, and then use its wifi hotspot to connect? That's a good workaround, but I was hoping to get the USB tether method working for it's (arguably) better security
Depends if you are in a house without like a hotel then yea, or if you really put in some effort of being at home for a wifi hotspot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones