After OTA - Device Manager Screen - Every RebootSupport

Last Updated:

1. sonorous

sonorous Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody else have the problem where the device manager screen appears after every reboot since OTA update? I am talking about the screen that says "Congratulations! Your Software Has Been Successfully Updated" and you have to click "Ok" to continue. It is still doing it for me today even after several reboots and a battery pull.

Advertisement
  2. Prim8

Prim8 Well-Known Member

I'm getting it and I've seen one other post about it. I'm going to guess it's very common but not many people have rebooted their phone and noticed.
    I'm not that worried about it because there's not many good reasons to reboot this thing often. I only did it because I wanted to see if mine did it too.

3. sonorous

I agree on the not having to reboot often thing. I had a stock email client force close after the update so I figured I would reboot. That has not recurred but the device manager screen is kind of annoying. Maybe not so much now, but in a month or two when this update is old news the Congrats will get kind of old. If this is common like you suggest then I would guess someone on here will come up with a way to get rid of it. Waiting patiently...

4. dantheman2

dantheman2 Well-Known Member

Do you use a different launcher than stock? (ie launcher pro or ADW)?

5. pac0naut

pac0naut Well-Known Member

Wierd....I only got that message once. Rebooted twice to test GPS and never got that message again. Just stock launcher though.

6. Greatday

Greatday Member

Also getting the "Congratulations" after every reboot - stock launcher.

7. sero

sero Well-Known Member

i love how ppl with same setups get varying results. i havent updated yet so nothing constructive. i actually just got the phone 3 days ago and have had a razor forever. cruising the forums the last couple days i see many headaches. love the phone but all the problems with it are crazy

8. Aslar

Aslar Active Member

I'm getting the same message even with out a reboot. It seems to be random, but one example took place when the Angry Birds beta crashed. Kinda lame when the update needs a patch =/

9. Prim8

Prim8 Well-Known Member

I'm using Launcher Pro.
    I've also had the message randomly pop up a couple times while playing Angry Birds today.

10. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Same here. Just pops up randomly. I'll press the power button, & there it is, forcing me to hit "ok" before I can get back into the phone.

Worst part is that it apparently popped up overnight last night & totally screwed up my alarm this morning. Good thing I was already half awake, b/c I never would've woke up in time otherwise :mad:

11. sonorous