• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After OTA - Device Manager Screen - Every Reboot

sonorous

Jul 26, 2010
Does anybody else have the problem where the device manager screen appears after every reboot since OTA update? I am talking about the screen that says "Congratulations! Your Software Has Been Successfully Updated" and you have to click "Ok" to continue. It is still doing it for me today even after several reboots and a battery pull.

I'm getting it and I've seen one other post about it. I'm going to guess it's very common but not many people have rebooted their phone and noticed.
I'm not that worried about it because there's not many good reasons to reboot this thing often. I only did it because I wanted to see if mine did it too.

Upvote 0
I agree on the not having to reboot often thing. I had a stock email client force close after the update so I figured I would reboot. That has not recurred but the device manager screen is kind of annoying. Maybe not so much now, but in a month or two when this update is old news the Congrats will get kind of old. If this is common like you suggest then I would guess someone on here will come up with a way to get rid of it. Waiting patiently...

Upvote 0
I'm getting the same message even with out a reboot.

Same here. Just pops up randomly. I'll press the power button, & there it is, forcing me to hit "ok" before I can get back into the phone.

Worst part is that it apparently popped up overnight last night & totally screwed up my alarm this morning. Good thing I was already half awake, b/c I never would've woke up in time otherwise :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones