• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 not connecting to wifi after updating Android

RJ1040

Lurker
Aug 15, 2023
I pulled an old tablet out of the closet today hoping to get some use out of it. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model number GT-P3100. It hadn't been used in years and it had Android Jelly Bean on it, version 4.2 I believe. I was hoping to get software and app updates on it but it couldn't connect to the google play store.

I searched around and found this video on updating to a newer (but still old) version of Android so I decided to try it.

I was successful in following the steps in the video and was able upgrade to Android 6.0.1 via crDroid.

Since I have started up the device with the new OS I have not been able to connect to wifi with it. It is capable of detecting my home wifi network as well as a mobile hotspot from another device. I've gone through all the things I can think of to test this issue. The wifi is working fine on several other devices in the house. I restarted the Galaxy Tab several times, removed and added the wireless network, tried to connect to different networks, and used the option in Settings to Reset Network Settings.

The device seems capable of detecting networks but fails to fully connect to them.

Can anyone offer advice on what to try next?

Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones