• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Eco System

Hi folks,

New here so forgive me if this isn't in the right area of the forum. I'm all Samssung in terms of Android and recently was gifted a Tab s8+ - great device, but I'm told I can get more out of it? I hear about this Eco system and have watched some videos on YouTube but it still baffles me so coming to the experts here!

Can I use my Note 20 Ultra as a second device/screen i.e. drag files across like I would when I use the tab as a secondary extended or just secondary screen with my laptop?
I tried Samsung Flow and both devices are on the same WiFi but the smart view option allowing me to use my phone on my tab only work when I switch the WiFi from on my tablet to the phones hotspot. Why is this? is this normal?
Samsung's Dex - what is the benefit of using the tab in this mode as opposed to how it is in regular mode?
I have some Galaxy buds Live, should they be able to connect via blue tooth to both phone and tablet?
I'm also looking at potentially purchasing a smart watch (samsung model) and I hear there is a new model. Has anyone tried it? is it worth the money? I don't want to overspend for the sake of it.

Any other tips and tricks you can share are much appreciated :)

Reactions: Dannydet
I don't have a Samsung, but I can share files from my android devices to my pc and laptop, by using Solid Explorer, an app from the play store you can connect to your home wifi and Bluetooth to copy files to and from devices.
Another great app is TeamViewer Remote Control - Apps on Google Play that you install on all devices.
As far as screen sharing, not a clue. Hopefully someone will chime in and help...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't have a Samsung, but I can share files from my android devices to my pc and laptop, by using Solid Explorer, an app from the play store you can connect to your home wifi and Bluetooth to copy files to and from devices.
Another great app is TeamViewer Remote Control - Apps on Google Play that you install on all devices.
As far as screen sharing, not a clue. Hopefully someone will chime in and help...
Thank you Danny, I'll look in to those apps you mentioned. I don't have a personal laptop yet. Currently just use work laptop and with this tablet as a second screen. I'm not sure if there's value in looking at a Samsung laptop, may be someone here can give me the pros and cons of purchasing one.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I would avoid the Samsung ecosystem if I were you, unless the Samsung ecosystem will work fine on non-Samsung Androids. I'd suggest another Android ecosystem, such as Amazon or Google. As things stand now: You're all Samsung in terms of Android. But locking yourself into one manufacturer is something to be avoided! It's good to have the option to use some other Android, without losing your ecosystem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones