• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After remove Exchange account my gmail account became the Exchange one.

sna19

Lurker
Apr 15, 2012
Hello,

I have a very strange problem with my accounts.

My Razr has three active accounts: Google, Yahoo and Exchange.

Once removed Exchange account I've found that the emails from my Exchange account are delivered as Gmail accounts.

Mostly when I open Messaging application and and select Gmail I see all my Exchange emails.

But this is not always. Sometimes something changed and I start to receive an actual Gmail emails. Also inside the Messaging->Gmail the messages are gmail.

I tried to add Exchange account again, but failed due to the message Failed to connect...

Again, the emails from Exchange account continue to deliver to my phone, just as gmail messages.

It seems that after removing Echange account it's account information was not really removed and gmail account got the Exchage definitions.

Should I open accounts.db file and check it's content? How would you access this problem?

Thank you for advice,

Nikita

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones