After update now my Note 2 is loosing it's sync with gmail contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

Any idea why this is happening? I have disconnected the account and re-add it back and it works for a short period then breaks again. NEVER had this issue before the update that just came out? Help! Because it's not showing my names any more on contacts.

2. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

Are you saying your contacts completely disappear?

If so, this is a problem that a small amount of us continue to have.
  3. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

Yes my contacts just stop working.
  4. Redsurfbus

Redsurfbus Active Member

I noticed my contacts stopped syncing, never realised until I transferred from the iphone to the note 2 but the apple wasnt syncing either. I had gone through a clear out and deleted loads of contacts, and updated a few. I lost all my changes, they never synced to gmail.
    Got the note 2 and did the same on the phone, noticed that it was not syncing. Deleted account and reset it, all was fine, until I tried deleting a couple again (from the unassigned contacts list, not from my assigned contacts), same happened. I am assuming this is a bug in gmail and not the phone, as the same has happened on IOS and android. Now I do all my changes through the PC. Adding or editing a single contact is fine on the phone, it seems to be if I do multiple edits in between a sync.
  5. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

I believe this is a widespread problem across Android phones.
  6. NJRonbo

Has Samsung been made aware of the problem?
  7. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

Not sure. Mine has been behaving since I posted this again. So I am unsure what may have fixed it if it was fixed.
  8. NJRonbo

Yeah, amazingly, mine has been working okay, too, these past few days. No contact disappearing tricks. Perhaps it has been fixed....perhaps.
  9. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

Mine started to do this crap again yesterday. Twice. It's unreliable and I can't have my contacts keep disappearing. So I need a fix or selling phone.