• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Aftermarket Battery Testing Results...

Someone posted something and then someone else posted back - it was a bit ill mannered and hot tempered - I think with the new rules of the "zero tolerance" had the posts removed.

Either way its not that big a deal...

Yea, they have been deleting A LOT of posts lately. Even posts that aren't doing anything wrong.

They've become very conservative. I feel like I'm in an elementary school playground.

It's become extremely politically correct. Can't express your opinion without being 'offensive.'

This will probably be deleted.

Upvote 0
dustin thanks for all your efforts. i followed your original thread a while ago, but just happened to stumble upon this. great work!
i was lucky to purchase the HTC 1500 only because of the cost, but i was seriously thinking of the seido 1750 at the time.

this will definitely influence my decision on the next battery HTC 2150 vs Seido 3500

Just to be clear, I've said this before too, the SEDIO 3500mAh battery is most likely, very close to if not equal to their rated value - I say this - because its obviously a much much larger form factor.

I have said also that I wondered if the 3500 was 2 1750 in parallel but I really dont think thats the scenario here.

As always, if anyone wants to buy it and ship it I will test it, return it at my cost and reimburse shipment to me if a valid receipt is in the box.

Reactions: syntrix
Upvote 0
And in the end seidio has never responded after the facts.

I personally have moved to an X, and I will not purchase any products from them, and I will cite the testing here and recommend to my friends to be wary.

Again, thanks Dustin!!!

I don't think SEIDIO, in any shape or form can respond to these testing scenarios - I am fairly confident the folks in Texas are far removed from whats happening in their Asia suppliers.

I know, its easy to say, I hope people beleive me when I say it - I've been through oddities like this before. Its amazing what happens.

Upvote 0
I don't think SEIDIO, in any shape or form can respond to these testing scenarios - I am fairly confident the folks in Texas are far removed from whats happening in their Asia suppliers.

I know, its easy to say, I hope people beleive me when I say it - I've been through oddities like this before. Its amazing what happens.

Dustin, thanks for your meticulous work on this. Did I read your recent post correctly that you believe their 3500 is closer to that actual value? I'm wondering about getting it from Amazon for $57 because once Froyo 2.2 comes out soon, I want to have more juice.

It is also a major PITA to keep popping off the cover to swap the two smaller 1300 & 1750 (really 1500) batteries. I know those attaching tabs are going to break before much longer, so would rather just bit the bullet and get the 3500, and cut out the back raised outline of my silicone cover I got earlier from Verizon when first got the phone in April.

Upvote 0
I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say thanks for all your time, work, and money put into this. I ended up jumping on a $15 OEM 1500 mAh and found a noticeable increase over the stock, which many haven't found with the Seidio battery claiming to sport another 250 mAh. My only issue is the case doesn't close 100% (there's like a hairline, but as a perfectionist, it irked me enough to go back to stock for now and use the 1500 as a back up).

In any event, I'd never give Seidio money for anything after this. Sad too. Had they merely owned up to it, apologized, and offered some form of optional recourse to those affected (I wasn't one of those people), I'd have had a ton more respect for them than I do now.

Upvote 0
Dustin, thanks for your meticulous work on this. Did I read your recent post correctly that you believe their 3500 is closer to that actual value? I'm wondering about getting it from Amazon for $57 because once Froyo 2.2 comes out soon, I want to have more juice.

It is also a major PITA to keep popping off the cover to swap the two smaller 1300 & 1750 (really 1500) batteries. I know those attaching tabs are going to break before much longer, so would rather just bit the bullet and get the 3500, and cut out the back raised outline of my silicone cover I got earlier from Verizon when first got the phone in April.

For record, I have NOT tested the 3500 battery and if someone wanted to buy one and send it to me I would test it - but I have not tested it.

My feelings that the 3500mAh is probably close to its rated value because of its size, its GOT to be really close considering its so damn big.

For comparison, the 1300 stock battery is just a tiny bit smaller than the 1500 battery - but the 1750 battery could be smaller than the 1500 considering the way its packaged vs. the way the OEM batteries are packaged.

So - I never tested the 3500 battery and its purely my opinion right now that the 3500 would be close to its rated value.

Upvote 0
In any event, I'd never give Seidio money for anything after this. Sad too. Had they merely owned up to it, apologized, and offered some form of optional recourse to those affected (I wasn't one of those people), I'd have had a ton more respect for them than I do now.

Its tough, I think they think they obviously have a test to make that battery be a 1750 mAh - considering there is rarely a real standard to go by - they can't come here and say anything except for what they've already said.

The proof remains to be in the guts of the battery - had they manufacturered it tighter and better so that it wasn't so easily dismantled - they could have hidden behind anything they wanted. But that conincidental batteries looking like other batteries thing is to much for me..

Upvote 0
Its tough, I think they think they obviously have a test to make that battery be a 1750 mAh - considering there is rarely a real standard to go by - they can't come here and say anything except for what they've already said.

The proof remains to be in the guts of the battery - had they manufacturered it tighter and better so that it wasn't so easily dismantled - they could have hidden behind anything they wanted. But that conincidental batteries looking like other batteries thing is to much for me..

I hear you. And if they honestly believe their battery is 1750 mAh, I guess you can't blame them unless they're using improper testing methods. I mean, hell, Apple thinks its antenna design is fine and people just need to hold the phone differently. ;)

It's not that I think Seidio is the only company to either be in denial or try to falsely advertise a product, I just was completely turned off by their initial response and then dropping off the face of the planet.

All they had to do was come into this thread, still stand by their assertions, but offer to those who feel they didn't get what they paid for refunds or some other nice gesture, like 25% off any order or something, and I'd have had a fair amount more respect for them. There are too many competitors out there to do business with than one with sketchy business practices.

Upvote 0
Dustin PM me your address , I will send you my 3000mah Hong Kong battery for testing (if you still want to do that)

I've been using it for about a month and am still getting on average 25-30hrs up and 12hrs awake with pretty normal usage (nav, lots of music, bluetooth, wifi, 3g , 100% brightness etc..) I think it would be good to get a good test on one of these batteries

Upvote 0
Interesting read here... I've got a Cadex battery analyzer that I use for two-way radio batteries. I've configured it to test an OEM 1300 mAh battery that came in my DINC.

I"ve also got a Sedio 1750 mAh battery that I got right after getting the phone. I'll post what I find if anything with more details once I'm done.

Upvote 0
Interesting read here... I've got a Cadex battery analyzer that I use for two-way radio batteries. I've configured it to test an OEM 1300 mAh battery that came in my DINC.

I"ve also got a Sedio 1750 mAh battery that I got right after getting the phone. I'll post what I find if anything with more details once I'm done.

OK... *waiting for results
tumbleweed_small.jpg

Upvote 0
Dustin PM me your address , I will send you my 3000mah Hong Kong battery for testing (if you still want to do that)

I've been using it for about a month and am still getting on average 25-30hrs up and 12hrs awake with pretty normal usage (nav, lots of music, bluetooth, wifi, 3g , 100% brightness etc..) I think it would be good to get a good test on one of these batteries

PM sent.

Upvote 0

Any update on this ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones