• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Aftermarket Extended Battery RECIEVED

Used the new battery all day and it definitely lasts longer! The charger works well too.

The suction cup stand that came with it however is not compatible with the warp due to the grooves on the back cover. I'll find a use for it, maybe stick it to my forehead at work for resting my head on my desk.

Sleeping work is the best work. Coming from an electrician who used to nap in an attic. You should heed my advice. :D:p;):cool:

Upvote 0
Just making an observation....I purchased a 3800 battery.
What a difference from stock. Its generally lasting me around 2 days between charges I do shut phone off over night to preserve power.
I charge it via the stock charger that came with phone while battery is in phone.
It seems to be taking about 12 hrs or so to fully charge to 100%
I wondering if that is about the norm...

Upvote 0
Ooook! So today I have received my aftermarket 3800mah extended battery via ebay strait from china.

I can currently tell you:

The back cover is a lot more streamline looking than I expected though it is also fatter than I expected. I can say it is a perfect fit for the warp though it does not snap on quite as tightly as the stock back cover. It does however have a nice feel too it, not slippery at all and my grip does actually feel a bit more steady with the slight extra bulk.

I have wiped the battery stats, shut her down and am now doing the first charge on it to see how this monster battery actually holds up. More info coming soon.

I wonder how long this will go for:

2180mAh AceSoft Battery+Charger+Suction Stand Holder For ZTE Warp N860 Accessory | eBay

This fits on the original size of the case, but instead of 1600mah its 2180mah = 580mah more... Thats the biggest size there is for the stock back case to fit, I wonder how much juice it gives more than the original 1600mah one?

Upvote 0
I'm curious too. A couple people on these forums have purchased them but so far have been a little reluctant to give us some feedback. Almost considering grabbing one or two for myself to give them a go.

I contacted one of the seller the one that is selling the 2000mah, he says it goes about 2 hours extra, so im assuming that one the 2180mah might go about 2 hours and 30 min to 3 hours extra..

How long is the oem regular battery last with extreme usage, with brightness up all the way and all apps running.

Upvote 0
I did a test earlier this week... I've got the 3800 batteries, and I've been impressed for sure, but I was never letting them get too low, so I wanted to see just how good they would be...I got 48 hours out of one charge... That's worth using internet pretty regularly... Including tapatalk for reading these forums... When I was at 48 hours I still had 9% so I could have gone longer, but didn't want to Ruin the battery. I was on wifi, 3g, made calls, listened to music... So I was pretty happy. It's worth the slight bulk size

Reactions: StarScream2109
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Not sure if this will help. I have not actually tried this but various posts have mentioned about peeling "tape" from stock battery cover and placing it in the extended 3800 battery cover for the antenna. I myself just cut some aluminum foil to size and taped it into the extended battery cover. Honestly really can’t tell if it makes much of a difference)
However I just found a roll "Vent/duct work tape" It seems to have electrical qualities based on my multi meter. Maybe it can be used as alternative to any possible mange to original case tape or as a replacement

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones