• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AIM for android has been released

Meebo has worked just fine.

Please let me know.

I'm very happy with Meebo, it integreates

* AIM
* Facebook
* Gtalk
* Yahoo
* MSN, etc.

Since I'm into App Minimization, I don't want to download and install another App that's either redundant or unnecessary.

Let me know how this goes in comparison to Meebo - If there are any advantages over Meebo, etc.

If not, I'll stick with Meebo.

Upvote 0
Just downloaded this app. Looks great, good feel. Only complaint so far is that it doesn't use the notification led. Also force closed, only did it once, hoping it was a one time thing. We'll see how the battery holds up, and cant get on facebook IM.

**EDIT**
also can't get it to do ANYTHING when I get an IM... so no way to know unless I randomly check.

u should at least get the notification bar to show a number over the AIM icon telling you how many IM's you've gotten. that's how i know i've gotten an IM or not.. hopefully they add some more options soon w/ notifying you as im sure they will.

Upvote 0
u should at least get the notification bar to show a number over the AIM icon telling you how many IM's you've gotten. that's how i know i've gotten an IM or not.. hopefully they add some more options soon w/ notifying you as im sure they will.

I get the notification bar. But I mean when I am not using the phone, and the screen is off, I have no way of knowing if I have a new IM or not. No sound, no led blinking. The led is a must for me. MeeboIM uses the led, but every time i close it it keeps un-collapsing the offline buddys group. eBuddy is nice but no led (a must for me). lol

any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
Please let me know.

I'm very happy with Meebo, it integreates

* AIM
* Facebook
* Gtalk
* Yahoo
* MSN, etc.

Since I'm into App Minimization, I don't want to download and install another App that's either redundant or unnecessary.

Let me know how this goes in comparison to Meebo - If there are any advantages over Meebo, etc.

If not, I'll stick with Meebo.

I have been using Meebo also and am happy with it. I like that it disconnects when idle,saves me the trouble and battery loss.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones