• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung One UI/Android 13 'app has been closed because it has a bug' issue

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
This seems to happen with certain older apps I still like to use, and only on Android 13/One UI 5.1 devices. It's not a crash, because then it'd say 'app has stopped/app keeps stopping' instead. In this case, it shows 'Angry Birds has been closed because it has a bug' which appears to be a Device Care issue, perhaps it's not liking the resources it wants to use, or it's using too many bits of RAM/CPU, in either case, Device Care is closing the app assuming something is wrong. However, if running Android 12 or below, with One UI 4 or below, it runs without an issue.

Angry Birds 1.6.2 isn't the only time this has popped up, but I do not know how to circumvent the issue. I've turned as many things off in Device Care as I can, but it still happens. The wording 'has been closed' vs ' has closed/stopped' indicates something actually shut the app down, not the app actually crashing. I have had apps crash but the wording is very different, saying 'ES File Explorer has stopped'.

Does anyone know any method to circumvent whatever idiot proofing Samsung has apparently enabled that is shutting apps it thinks 'has bugs' down? I know for certain Angry Birds 1.6.2 has NO bugs at all. It ran fine until the last security patch that upgraded One UI from 5 to 5.1.

EDIT: Fixed the issue by setting battery optimization to unrestricted. Stupid Samsung!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones