• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm clock ringing volume

MiniDroid

Jun 14, 2010
Where do you set the volume of the alarm clock?
There's only an option for selecting what sound you want and not the volume in the clock app itself.

And under Settings -> Sound and Dispaly, I find Ringer volume (which also sets the Notification volume) and Media volume.

I know it's not the Ringer volume and not the Notification volume (I use different ringtones to figure that one out).

So it must be the Media volume?
The only problem is that whatever I set that volume to - the alarm goes off at full volume, nearly kills the speaker on the phone while trying to play off the ringtone.

Is this a bug?

Thank you for trying Kelmar, but sorry to say this doesn't work.
When I open the alarm app and adjust the volum keys, it adjust the ringing volume.
If I try the same thing while in the list of selectable alarm tones, it still regulates the ringing volume.
But, if I preview an alarm tone and try to regulate the volume while it plays back - I regulate the media volume.

Still no sollution, as both my ringer and media volume is set low - and the alarm goes off at full volume.

Upvote 0
Well, I downloaded the Alarm Clock by Craig G and it fixes what's wrong with the SE alarm. It even lets you set the defaults for alarms, so you don't have to set them repeatedly for each new alarm. And it's free.

Hi,

Thanks for this. I'm going to download it as I have the same problems.

Is there any way of setting the alarm to work even when the phone is off. I turn my phone off at night but it doesn't work when the phone is switched off. This is crazy unless I am doing something wrong.

Does the phone have to be on for the alarm to work? Or is there some an app to solve this problem?

Thanks
Lee

Upvote 0
Lee

Did downloading the alarm clock by Craig G sort this for you? If so - how do you download it? My alarm clock is really annoying me and all my neighbours! LOL!

Thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

It sorted out all of the problems apart from turning the phone on if its turned off overnight.
However all I do now is switch to Airplane mode at night to save battery and that seems to work so the battery isn't dead in the morning.

Just download Alarm Klock
by Craig G from the Market or Appstore using your handset

Lee

Upvote 0
Ok, this app is a battery killer!
Last night I had 96% and after 10 hours with the alarm app running in the background to wake me up this morning the battery was at 56%.
That's 40% battery in 10 hours!

And no, there's nothing else running in the background.
gps/wifi/3g-data is all off and no other app pulling/pushing data.

Upvote 0
If it's anything like other android phones, go set your alarm and act like you are trying to change the alarm tone. While that screen is OPEN, hit your volume buttons on the side of the phone to raise/lower the volume.

Don't have an x10... just trying to help. :)

@ --> Alarm --> Set alarm --> Ringtone --> Select from ringtone --> select tone --> adjust sound volume while playing tone ("volume buttons on the side of the phone to raise/lower the volume"). ok. ok . done ... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones