• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play alarm only through Bluetooth headphones, not phone speaker

userzero55

Lurker
May 21, 2022
Hello All,

I'm using Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12. I would like to play an alarm that only rings through my Bluetooth headphones- not the phone speaker, so I don't wake up my wife early in the morning. I've accomplished this by using the Sleep as Android app:
  1. Open Sleep as Android app > Settings > Alarm default settings > (scroll to last) Alarm output

2. Set it to "Force headphones only"
The problem is that the volume of whatever I'm listening to is bumped up to full max volume when the alarm goes off. Terrible way to wake up. Does anyone know of another solution? Perhaps a different app that will achieve the same thing without maxing out the volume?

Many Thanks,

Christopher

Hello and thanks for responding. The alarm volume is where I want it and it fades in. Its just that the Sleep as Android app pushes the media volume to max when the alarm (any alarm) goes off. Not the alarm volume itself. So if I fall asleep to music on my headphones, that app maxes out the music volume. I use the app because it has a setting to play alarm through Bluetooth only through headphones and not the phone speaker. Only way I've found to play alarm only through BT and not through phone speaker.

Does anyone know of another way to have the alarm play only through Bluetooth headphones and not the phone speaker? Trying to not wake my wife up. ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you go into Sound and Vibrations and adjust the volume level for notifications?
Yes, absolutely. But Sleep as Android just automatically maxes out the alarm volume when the alarm goes off, despite whatever phone alarm volume I have it set at. Setting the phone alarm doesn't stay where I set it because the app hijacks it and maxes it out to full volume.

Help please! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones