• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel One Touch 995 - After upgrade Cant search phonebook...

gman620

Lurker
Jan 31, 2014
Hey guys,

I've just updated my old (factory) Android firmware on my Alcatel OT 995 to the new available online 4.0.4...

But now i cant search my contacts?!?! for an example i see a contact name "John" but when i type "J" it it appears as there is no contact name starting with the letter "J", if i erase the searched names i can find the name in the phonebook by scrolling...

On some typed letter in the phonebook search area names do appear, like only one contact appears from 14 names starting with the letter "G"

Im using ENG keyboard as the one the names are typed so is not some keyboard error i've even changed the master keyboard to the Android one to try a language mismatch its not that...

Does anyone have previous experience like this,can anyone help?
Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones