all apps being shown as not installed! Please help!Support

1. ares05

ares05 Member

Hi all,

I'm in a big fix! My Galaxy S2 was working perfectly fine until a few hours ago. When I opened the FB app it force closed and assuming it was an error I opened it again but it kept force closing. I then opened the Gmail app and to my surprise that too kept force closing on repeated attempts.

I then restarted the phone and too my surprise all my app including Google Play Store, Gmail etc (except for the Samsung apps) were shown in grey and on clicking a toast message pops up saying the application is not installed!!

I don't have the slightest clue what happened! Has anyone faced this problem before? Any ideas on how I could fix this? Kindly help!

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

First, welcome to the forums!
    Have you just upgraded to ICS? I know it's been causing problems with Facebook.
    Second, if you're willing to, a factory reset may be in order. I'm assuming you're not rooted. Let us know.
  3. ares05

ares05 Member

Thank you for the quick response.

Yes the phone is very much stock, haven't rooted it. And yes I recently updated to the infamous ICS 4.0.3. Been facing a whole bunch of problems after that but this just tops everything!

Is factory reset the only way forward? Would really like to keep that as a last resort.

Thanks!