• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All good on the root train for now

Hola all. :D

Just a little update on my exploits on the Metro PCS Huawei Ascend Tapout Edition.
I did get to Root it. Installed TITANIUM BACKUP (FREE EDITION), along with SUPERONECLICK, ROM MANAGER, & SUPERUSER. ;)

After a few unhappy exploits trying to get the CYANOGENMOD7 to install and reading what seemed like countless forum posts all over the place, I found that the CORRECT KEY COMBO to get the phone to load up the new rom was POWER BUTTON, then let go and VOL UP & END CALL KEY being held down. :cool:

My only gripe is the ever present THE APPLICATION MARKET (PROCESS COM.ANDROID.VENDING) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN. :(

along with

THE PROCESS ANDROID.PROCESS.MEDIA HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN :thinking:

Is the phone faster? Of course.
More responsive? Oh yeah.
Did I get rid of bloatware? Yippy Skippy.
Do I have Text Messaging/SMS? Da.
Do I have Wifi? Originally no. Now surprisingly yes.
Camera? Smile for the birdie cause I'm taking pics all day.
Bluetooth? Can you hear me now? Dammmmmn right.
Google Accounts/Apps? GMail, Voice, all okay. Calendar not so workable due to the message.

So that's most of it in a nutshell. Any comments gripes, or just plain loose lips are appreciated since I know I'm no Guru. Just trying to make the most out of hard earned money while sticking to a tight family budget.

Reactions: gbiggie

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones