Alltel Connect Pack 1 Unlimited Data on Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. MJRatliff

MJRatliff Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I am a former Alltel customer who was transferred to Verizon. My current plan is awesome and includes the Connect Pack 1 (unlimited data) for $9.99. I am currently using an Alltel HTC Touch Pro and cannot wait for the Incredible. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep my Alltel Connect Pack 1 when I get the Incredible? I would REALLY hate to start paying an extra $20 a month for Verizons data plan and would love your ideas to avoid it.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. Sodequis

Sodequis Well-Known Member

The only way I know of is if u have a family plan and 1 of the other lines is using an alltel branded phone. Verizon phones can work on alltel plans but not the other way around. That is what vzw told me about a year ago. Otherwise they will more than likely make u change the plan... perhaps if u upgrade online it might be automated enough to not make u switch.

MJRatliff likes this.
  3. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that the Droid and Eris work with the Alltel SmartPack plans. I've never seen a smartphone using the Connect Pack 1 or 3 for that matter (the Connect Pack 3 includes unlimited data and text). If it works for you, that's awesome. :)

MJRatliff likes this.
  4. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

I think best solution for you is to buy the unsub N1 when it comes out.

Starting a new contract might screw you.

I would totally buy my own device if I could get data for 9.99

MJRatliff likes this.
  5. MJRatliff

MJRatliff Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help guys. I spoke with a Verizon CSR (former Alltel CSR) and she said that even if I purchased an unsubsidized phone, that when I went to activate it, the MID would trigger their system to automatically upgrade me to a $29.99 data plan. Does this seem true?