• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cost of your Grandfathered Unlimited Verizon Data

I was looking to get some information on what people are paying for their grandfathered Unlimited Verizon Data as a single person.

I'm currently still on the parents family plan. I was the first one to join the parents and signed up for the unlimited data when they just had dumby phones. Too this day we still have that same package with two other siblings added on but with data packages (signed them up after unlimited was gone)

The family is looking to break everything up though. I am looking to find out what people are paying for their individual plan that is still unlimited but has a text and calling package tied to it.

I believe I would be looking at a bill of $160 roughly (data, phone and text package, and fees) if I were to transfer the plan just to my name and take off all the other lines? I use 30 to 35 gigabytes a month but I never turn on wifi because the service is so great in Chicago. Is it worth holding on or just jumping onto a regular plan like 25 gigabytes?

Reactions: EKHOmusik
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My unlimited data, 450 minutes for calls and 500 texts puts my bill at $113 plus change per month. Currently am letting Verizon finance my new LG v20 flagship device for an additional $28 per month to replace my HTC m8 (which I loved) because of battery shortcomings. $141 and change and worth it. Now when I finish the two year financial my bill will go down.

Upvote 0
I have 3 lines, only one of which is unlimited so my price probably won't help you. But as a note of interest, I spoke with a CSR several days ago while mulling my options to convert all 3 lines over to the new unlimited data. Now we all know that CSR chats can't be taken as gospel, but I was told that vzw will be enacting incremental bill increases on grandfathered unlimited plans to force people off of them. We all saw a $20 price hike if memory serves and they said another one is on the way, and potentially more in the future. Just FYI and again, I don't take their word at face value but I was very specific in following up on their statement and there was no misunderstanding or hesitation in confirming the above scenario. So take it with as many grains of salt as you'd like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones