• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root aloysius???

Ok...

This may be a stupid question, but how do I shut down my phone in Aloysius_v5? I do the regular shutdown, and it hangs. I end up having to do a battery pull.

So what's the secret??

in v5 and 6, he added a widget you must add to your screen. called boot something.....or download quick boot. but you cannot power it off, only reboot or recovery. that is one of the issues with the ROM.

Reactions: c00gz
Upvote 0
Ok...

This may be a stupid question, but how do I shut down my phone in Aloysius_v5? I do the regular shutdown, and it hangs. I end up having to do a battery pull.

So what's the secret??

Add Boot Control widget to your screen ad use that, gives you options of rebooting, shut dwn, reboot to recovery .... its included in the rom

This is not the only rom with this issue .... there is a whole lot more upside to this build then stuff wrong with it ... the battery life, gmail pics and marketplace are worth having to add a shutdown widget to me... IMO

Upvote 0
I haven't noticed not being able to text pics yet. Of course I don't really do that all that often.

My only beef is with the alarm clock not having any sounds.. really, why even leave it on the rom then?! I'm going to see if I can get something snappy going with ring droid and see if it works. Other wise I'll be going back to senseable.

There was only one app aCar that I couldn't use with that rom. I'll always have a naand of this one though it is a neat idea I guess just not my bread and butter.

Upvote 0
I haven't noticed not being able to text pics yet. Of course I don't really do that all that often.

My only beef is with the alarm clock not having any sounds.. really, why even leave it on the rom then?! I'm going to see if I can get something snappy going with ring droid and see if it works. Other wise I'll be going back to senseable.

There was only one app aCar that I couldn't use with that rom. I'll always have a naand of this one though it is a neat idea I guess just not my bread and butter.

He added and audio zip to the first post that has all the original phone sounds.

Upvote 0
can you change the battery icon in the notification area to a round circular battery icon? i have seen it on other roms, but metamorph will not let me theme this, it reboots my phone

I have not seen a MM theme for the Eris yet. Have you created one and that is why you get endless reboot? And yes I have seen the circle battery. I have not seen anyone that has converted it for our phone yet. Remember, you have to port anything from another device to ours to work properly.

Upvote 0
I have not seen a MM theme for the Eris yet. Have you created one and that is why you get endless reboot? And yes I have seen the circle battery. I have not seen anyone that has converted it for our phone yet. Remember, you have to port anything from another device to ours to work properly.

Thanks for clearing that up for me..makes sense now why i cannot get any of these themes to work..

Upvote 0
Sweet... Installed this one today and so far it's running great... Live Wallpapers on Sense, Gmail pics work, everything seems to run pretty smooth, I have my paid apps again, etc. Only issue was the MMS issue, like described above, but the fix listed above worked... Initial boot seems to take FOREVERRRR but totally worth letting it load. Restart seems to take some time now too but once it loads, it's a very fast ROM. Best Sense ROM so far in my opinion.... If you want sense, this is the way to go! If you want sense less, go with VanillaDroid. Great ROM too.

Upvote 0
Anyone tried v9 yet? just released. Seems nice and stable. MMS still not working, power off does. Changed some things as well. Some new status bar icons and new lock screen. also clear notification bar.

yea,running it now. But my notification bar is not clear though ...my sense bar is ... hmmm ?

also, it stated it had apps2sd, i am not seeing it though, nut that maybe because of my lack of knowledge on apps2sd ...and friendstream has no twitter support ....

btw: i really like the mytouch/slide lock bar he is using ...

Upvote 0
yea,running it now. But my notification bar is not clear though ...my sense bar is ... hmmm ?

also, it stated it had apps2sd, i am not seeing it though, nut that maybe because of my lack of knowledge on apps2sd ...and friendstream has no twitter support ....

btw: i really like the mytouch/slide lock bar he is using ...

I meant where you pull the notification bar down. the background is transparent except where there is text. I'm going back to v6. I don't need or want live wallpapers, and I think that is why my photos are transparent in the gallery app as well as the icons when I run ultimatefaves. bummer :( I do like the music player integration with the lockscreen, but the swipe down lockscreens always cause alot of problems for me

Upvote 0
I meant where you pull the notification bar down. the background is transparent except where there is text. I'm going back to v6. I don't need or want live wallpapers, and I think that is why my photos are transparent in the gallery app as well as the icons when I run ultimatefaves. bummer :( I do like the music player integration with the lockscreen, but the swipe down lockscreens always cause alot of problems for me

did u download the livewallpapers version or maps version ....gallery works for me , but i am definitely not a LWP fan ......

but not to worry i did do a nandroid backup of my v6 too ....

Upvote 0
lol, he didn't have the MAPS version up. but I still don't like the lockscreen. When all is said and done, he has to make something he is happy with. You can't please everyone. I'm fine with v6. you wouldn't happen to have a link to the MMS fix would you?

xda-developers - View Single Post - Sprint Rom MMS Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I know this has been said before .... this is pkopalek's fix ...not mine ...but it works ....

if you need i can upload a work apn that you could use if you don't want to go thru the trouble of pulling it out of ivans rom (as my back up is actually the one out of ivans roms)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones