1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative calendar?

Last Updated:

1. rickstock

rickstock Member This Topic's Starter

New here and to Android, sorry in case it's needed...

I'd like to have a better calendar app (not widget) for my SE Xperia mini pro and I'm not finding anything available. Mainly I want a calendar that has more options for settings. For example, the stock calendar shows only a few hours on the daily view, and does not automatically show the events on that day, doesn't collapse non-event times, etc. Of course I want a calendar that syncs with Google Calendar.

Is there anything available, paid or free?

Thanks,
    Rick

Advertisement
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Look at Gemini calendar - thread in App Announcements.

Dave

3. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

I prefer Jorte.

4. froydao

froydao Member

Have a look at Business Calendar Beta. You might like it.

5. xevious

xevious Well-Known Member

Are there any that are very similar to the Calendar app on the iPhone? I checked it out and was impressed with the design--very intuitive. Of course, I don't have an iPhone or I wouldn't be here. ;) I prefer the open system opportunities offered by Android. Closed systems like Apple OS are too restricting.

6. jordanf98765

jordanf98765 Member

Are there any apps that offer the collapsable calendar, like what I had on webos?

I'm may not have gotten traction, but webos was by far the nicest phone OS to use.

7. lingshu8

lingshu8 New Member

I almost returned my Droid 2 when I discovered how poor its native calendar is. I'm a long-time user of Datebk on Palm, and for my business a smart phone's calendar is as important as the telephone itself. The biggest problem I had with the Google calendar (and all of the third party Calendar apps I was able to find) is that they only allow calendar grids of 30 minute increments. Most of my appointments are 15 minutes long and, when I import them from MS Outlook into Google, they become squashed into an illegible blob. Worthless.

I finally found Pocket Informant, a free Calendar app that allows 15 minute time grids. So far, it seems like an excellent calendar alternative. Very customizable.

8. Gritwater

Gritwater Banned

jorte