• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative calendar?

rickstock

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
New here and to Android, sorry in case it's needed...

I'd like to have a better calendar app (not widget) for my SE Xperia mini pro and I'm not finding anything available. Mainly I want a calendar that has more options for settings. For example, the stock calendar shows only a few hours on the daily view, and does not automatically show the events on that day, doesn't collapse non-event times, etc. Of course I want a calendar that syncs with Google Calendar.

Is there anything available, paid or free?

Thanks,
Rick

Are there any that are very similar to the Calendar app on the iPhone? I checked it out and was impressed with the design--very intuitive. Of course, I don't have an iPhone or I wouldn't be here. ;) I prefer the open system opportunities offered by Android. Closed systems like Apple OS are too restricting.

Upvote 0
I almost returned my Droid 2 when I discovered how poor its native calendar is. I'm a long-time user of Datebk on Palm, and for my business a smart phone's calendar is as important as the telephone itself. The biggest problem I had with the Google calendar (and all of the third party Calendar apps I was able to find) is that they only allow calendar grids of 30 minute increments. Most of my appointments are 15 minutes long and, when I import them from MS Outlook into Google, they become squashed into an illegible blob. Worthless.

I finally found Pocket Informant, a free Calendar app that allows 15 minute time grids. So far, it seems like an excellent calendar alternative. Very customizable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones