• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative Play Store

Hi @zeta1991,

Welcome to Android Forums :)

I've had to remove the link from your post, as that site seems to promote piracy.

There are a few legitimate alternative sources for apps outside of the Play Store (APKMirror, F-Droid), but there are many sketchy sites pushing paid apps for free. That's a violation of Google's policies (as well as our forum policies), and also a great way to pick up unwanted malware and spyware. Installing apps from sites like the one you linked is the leading infection vector for mobile malware.

Be safe and just stick to the Play Store. :)

Drop me a line if you have any questions. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
inkBOOK is Polish and a fork or rebranded Boyue.

They use Medianapolis market. Seems to be OK. Has all the favored reading apps. I tried one reader which Play also has, and remembered why I didn't like it. Just left it at the default reader.

I've seen one just called App Market, or AppMarket - I think that was on the Coby which was Chinese.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones