Am I the only person with a perfectly fine working device?

Last Updated:

1. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see so many "issues" here, and not enough praise for this phone. Am I the only one with a perfectly fine phone? The only "issue" I can see myself having is I have slight light leakage on my phone, but I don't even notice it because of the case. I've used it a few times without the case, and it didn't even bother me that much. That is the only hardware "issue" i seem to have. Everything else is perfect.

I am using CM6, and have had nothing but love and praise for Froyo.

Love my EVO, and so glad I made the switch (permanently) to Android. (ex iPhone user)

Advertisement
  2. paintmoonsred

paintmoonsred Well-Known Member

s for light leak i think all units have it unfortunately but its really not a big deal to me.
    as for the issues and complaints, I dont remember where but i once read "people who are happy with their phones dont usually go on message boards" haha

3. Flash77

Flash77 Well-Known Member

I'm happy with my Evo! No problems at all even after the update to 2.2

Ilya likes this.
  4. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

How's your battery? Before 2.2 my phone was flawless, but now I get 6 hours to my battery instead of the 24 I got before. That is my only issue, but it is a big one.

5. braunshugar

braunshugar New Member

My Evo is also happy . . Of course I was an early birdie and grabbed the pre release last week. All is well on my phone. Everything works ATM :)

6. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member

No problems whatsoever. Launch day Evo build 0003. Flawless. Greatest cell phone on the planet.

7. red_droid7

red_droid7 New Member

no problems here either, love my evo.
    updated to froyo with no problem, only catch was had to reinstall swype but after that froyo made my phone blistering fast

8. AsItLies

AsItLies Well-Known Member

No problems here, nada, no light leakage at the bottom (opposed to the 1st one I got and returned).

Haven't upgraded to Froyo due to all the things I've read. honestly very happy with it as it is.

I luv my Evo!

9. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whoever said that is an idiot. I come here, and XDA to check out updates to CM6, new apps, and anything with Android in general.

Oh, I forgot to mention I have a launch day phone too. Haven't had any desire to replace it for the light leak "issue" because I'm afraid I'll get one with even more hardware issues, or something.

10. fanman01

fanman01 Member

I guess I am one of the few that has nothing wrong with my evo. Still using the one I got on launch, build 003, running android 2.2. It boggles my mind how many problems people are having. My battery is fine, hardly any light leakage, browser is fine, no dust under the screen... by far the best phone I've ever had.

11. NickOrsak

NickOrsak Member

My phone has the light leakage and it doesn't bother me at all, the only thing that bothers me is my phone will not accept incoming calls they go straight to voicemail, I can call out fine and texts work perfect. Despite these issues I still LOVE my Evo and would buy it again if I didn't have one, the Evo is just a well polished and all around amazing phone, it is my first droid, I switched from WebOS with the Palm Pre which worked great for me but droid runs way smother and it is just easier to use also. Call me crazy but nothing is ever going to be perfect so I don't mind a phone having a few issues as long as the manufacturer repairs/replaces the phone with them. **cough**cough**APPLE**cough**cough**

12. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member

Release day Evo Here and not ONE problem. Kind of scary like waiting for the other shoe to drop. All updates flawless.

13. XxMerlinxX

XxMerlinxX Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as this guy, my phone was perfect out of the box and I absolutely love it.

14. jparker71

jparker71 Well-Known Member

Not one problem yet with mine. I bought it a couple weeks ago and am running 2.2.

15. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I dont have any problems with mine, none.. zero.

16. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Also, My GF has the EVO and has Not had a single problem either.

17. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

My evo is perfect. and I'm running 2.1 :)

18. joey123

joey123 Active Member

I had many phones but the evo blows everything out of the water I love the phone.maybe too much, I can't put the phone down!

19. jparker71

jparker71 Well-Known Member

Ha, I'm the same way. Absolute addicted to this phone.

20. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Release date phone and never had a problem. Just the camera thing with the update but took of the light widget and life is good. Was glad that people here posted how to fix the camera tho. Have never been happier with any other phone. Best phone ever!

21. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

Now that I can take some good video after the update, I have zero problems with my evo. I think its the best phone out all things considered. Not the best at everything, but close enough, and missing nothing.

22. caldzzbuff

caldzzbuff Member

Love my Evo. The only problem I had when I got the phone was that the front camera would not work. It showed a black screen and nothing else. Well Froyo released and I installed that and ever since the front camera works.

This is the best phone I have ever had and wouldn't trade it for anything.

23. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

The update turned on things i had to turn back off but once I did that life has been good.

24. jimbob_texas

jimbob_texas Member

I see a fair amount of whining about this phone, probably from those who would be happier with something...simpler? Love my Evo, love my rooted 2.2.

[​IMG]

25. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

No problems here... now running 2.2 OTA flawlessly. No hard reset either, just a battery pull one time.

When I first got the phone, Sprint had mistakenly signed me for a second line instead of porting my old number. Their solution was for me to send my Evo back and wait for a new one, or just accept a new phone number. i called back later and got a different CS rep and they fixed the problem. I'm glad they did cause I would hate to have lost my perfect Evo for a defective one.