• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I the only person with a perfectly fine working device?

No problems whatsoever. Launch day Evo build 0003. Flawless. Greatest cell phone on the planet.

Same. Launch day from a Sprint store, hardware 003, 2.2 and ABSOLUTELY no issues. No light leakage, no nothin'. My battery lasts me all day and I'm a heavy user. Since updating to Froyo, I keep background data off and only turn it on to view the market. I haven't noticed any difference in the functioning of the device with it off. Email still pushes...weather updates automatically.. so that's all that really matters to me. Everything else I can update manually if I need to. But I haven't come across anything other than market that needs the background data to be on. Which things other than market need background data specifically???

Upvote 0
It all comes down to peoples preference and how they use the phone. Like some people said, "I have light leakage, but I don't mind it the phone is perfect." Well that light leakage may be a problem for someone else. No phone is perfect, it may be "perfect to you" but not perfect. If you have the 2.2 update and are playing music while using navigation, then your music stops playing when the navi voice comes on, instead of pausing and resuming. For me, thats an issue, if you don't listen to music and use navigation, you probably don't even know it exist.

So it all depends on the user and their preferences.

Upvote 0
If you have the 2.2 update and are playing music while using navigation, then your music stops playing when the navi voice comes on, instead of pausing and resuming. For me, thats an issue, if you don't listen to music and use navigation, you probably don't even know it exist.

Hm, I do use navi simultaneously with music a lot. I just haven't since the update. I'll have to check that out. If it happens on my phone, I, too will consider it an issue.

Upvote 0
After the update to 2.2 i am noticing lag and battery issues...:-(...on 2.1 this phone was perfect for me. Now i cant make it 6 hours with minimal use. All i do is check every hour to see how much my battery drains itself. I thought 2.2 was suppose to make the phone better???????

Oh and I had to cut flash off, my internet speed was ridiculously slow with it on, and i am in a good 4g area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones