• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Appstore said app was incompatible - workaround

Cramill

Jun 23, 2010
Arizona
This is just an FYI if other people encounter the same thing.

So, today Plants vs Zombies is free on the Amazon Appstore today. I opened the app and tried to "purchase" the app directly on my phone, and the app wouldn't let me because it said the app was incompatible with my device (the Slide). So, to get around this I opened the amazon appstore on a computer, "purchased" the app there (in quotes because it was a free app).

Then, when I open the Appstore App on my phone and go to the "My Apps" section, Plants vs Zombies is there and I could download it and install it on my phone.

The game works great and I haven't noticed any issues with it working yet. (One tiny small issue though - when I first opened the app there was a text entry box that appeared and it looked as if it should have had words like "enter a username" or something like that, but it was just a black box with a text entry field below it - I just entered a username and the game used it)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones