• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An app that can transfer widgets and launcher apps?

ZepTepi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2011
San Diego, CA
I know apps like Samsung Smart Switch make transferring your data from an old smartphone to a new one but having to re-setup my launcher app(Nova) and widgets is still a pain in the butt. Are there any transfer apps that can transfer widgets & launcher settings yet. If not, does anyone know why?

Zep

I know apps like Samsung Smart Switch make transferring your data from an old smartphone to a new one but having to re-setup my launcher app(Nova) and widgets is still a pain in the butt. Are there any transfer apps that can transfer widgets & launcher settings yet. If not, does anyone know why?

Zep
you can backup and restore your launcher configuration. you can save it on your old phone and then smart switch will move the files over after smart switch is done, you don't have to do anything other than to go into nova's settings and hit restore. works for me on all of my previous samsung devices.

Upvote 0
you can backup and restore your launcher configuration. you can save it on your old phone and then smart switch will move the files over after smart switch is done, you don't have to do anything other than to go into nova's settings and hit restore. works for me on all of my previous samsung devices.
Thank you ocnbrze.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones