• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An Idea: Root a device from a rooted device

Hey guys/gals, so I have a wild idea, one that I am not sure if it is even possible but, I figured you guys/gals who know more than a humble noob, about programming, android system, android apps, rooting, ect. Maybe someone would be able to figure this out and give all rooters a way to do it, and help others who wish to root their phone/tablet with the help of someone who has done it.

What the idea is, is basically 2 apps.
App A)
Would be installed on an unrooted device, and it would allow it to connect to a rooted device that has App B. App A would trick the unrooted device into thinking, after you have enabled USB Debugging via the Android menu, that it was connected to a computer running ADB. The connection of course would be via WIFI/Bluetooth to the rooted phone, which is the trick of course.
(I say that because I have tried to get a couple of unrooted Android phones to talk to my wireless tether when my buddies couldn

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones